By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want from the next Playstation and Xbox systems?

Nothing. I’ll be buying the switch 2

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
1. A console that doesn't take 3 years to have a good game lineup

2. A removal of paid online
3. An actually good UI

So.... as long as Knack 3 is a launch game you'll be happy then?

That will have to quench my thirst until Uncharted 5

:kappa:

I would say mods but that just makes me want to invest in PC gaming.

Didn’t your mom always tell you “I want , never gets”!

too many “I wants”. So you aren’t actually into enjoying games??? You’re more into hardware. Tip:- build your own gaming PC. 

From the PlayStation a better controller, from Xbox a better first party lineup

Around the Network

Mainly, better graphical performance and more high quality exclusives (new IPs, new entries of old IPs). Also, no remasters from the previous gen would be nice. Less political correctness in gaming is a must. More USB ports. Anything else is just extra perks for me.

I'd like a hard drive big enough to avoid data management constantly. I had to buy a 4 terabyte external with my 500 gigabyte HDD because I got tired of uninstalling and reinstalling games I'd go back to.

With that it'd be nice if loading times were managed better. Either dump it all at the beginning or keep them low throughout.

Other than that I hope they are easy to develop for and keep costs down as much as possible to allow developers to keep making great games.

If I had one hope for visuals it is that hair finally looks as good as everything else *looks at Lara Croft*.

-go back to cartridges
they have more storage, free up more space inside the console, and load faster than discs

-all online games support cross-platform play
its honestly just a bit stupid that cross-play doesnt exist at this point.

-better graphics
i was able to purchase a 1050ti with 4GB of GDDR5 for my PC that cost $120 and can now run basically any game i want. graphics performance has gotten ridiculously cheap, so there is no reason why next gen consoles shouldnt see a massive upgrade

-more storage
1TB isnt even cutting it anymore. games can have installs of up to 100GB, so some more storage space is needed. even 2TB should be enough

-unlimited save files
most games have relatively small save file size, only measuring a few MB, so being limited to a single save file feels pretty ridiculous.

-make them faster
it still amazes me how quick the Nintendo Switch is in terms of loading up games. just press a button to take it out of sleep mode, press A, and youre already in the game. i would even argue that its more convenient than steam, and i think all consoles should follow suit.

-backwards compatibility
having to keep around multiple other consoles just to play old games is a drag, and i would much prefer having a single platform on which i can play everything. if i have to buy it again and download it then so be it.

A CPU powerful enough to process tons of data while being fairly easy to program with.
More RAM running at a higher speed (GHz)
A more powerful GPU that leaves the console at a considerable price.
Future-proof hardware that allows advanced the Wi-Fi adapter, Bluetooth adapter, HDMI ports to be perfectly compatible with future iterations.
Backwards compatibility with all the previous consoles.

1) PS4 backwards compatability
2) New Horizon Zero Dawn.
3) 1TB as base storage amount.
4) Keep doing what you did with the PS4 tbh.... if it aint broke dont fix it.
5) Make sure theres RPGs/JRPGs there, maybe do some 2nd party deals to get even more JRPGs?