By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want from the next Playstation and Xbox systems?

At the end of this year, both the PS4 and Xbox1 turn 5 years old, so their successors must not be that far off.

That said, in terms of new featutes, tech improvements, games, etc...what would you like the next systems to have?

Around the Network

That it takes another 5 years for them to be released

1. Get rid of mandatory installs for physical games (this obviously means that I want physical copies as an option)
2. Get rid of paid online
3. Backwards compatibility out of the box (so hardware-based BC)
4. Have a boot screen

They wont be released until 2020, well at least PS5 wont.Having said that, I honestly just hope that they keep delivering great games, and I trully hope that they try to do something innovative in the hardware level like Nintendo do.The increase in power can only take you so far, and thats starting to get "boring".

Something like having PSVR bundled, as a necessary piece of the console, with PS5 would fill that for me.The only problem for this peculiar solution is that VR is still far from being mainstream, due to tech reasons and very few games doing anything worthwhile with it.Dosent need to be Vr though, it could be something else we havent thought about.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:
1. Get rid of mandatory installs for physical games (this obviously means that I want physical copies as an option)
2. Get rid of paid online
3. Backwards compatibility out of the box (so hardware-based BC)
4. Have a boot screen

Everything you said but the 3rd ain't a necessity IMO.

Otherwise, I'm interested in their VR intiative. I wanna see where they'll go with it when the PS5 comes out. Was it just a way to boost hardware sales like the motion control era or will they actually stick with it ?

I wasn't talking about necessities though, I was talking about what I wanted

Around the Network

Native 4K with a decent graphical improvement.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I hope they hold off on new consoles until late 2021 or 2022.

I want AMD Ryzen and Next Gen GPU tech built on 7nm+ fabrication.

I want minimum 32GB of GDDR6 or HBM.

I want a user upgradable M.2 NVMe drive in all units. 1TB minimum with External SSD support over USB 3.1 Gen 2.

I expect all games to run at 4K native, and most to run at 60FPS.

I want Ray Tracing at the base level console, with greater implementation at each revision.

I want VR to be available from day 1.

I want a full 4K per eye, 120 fps refresh rate, and 120degree field of view.

I want 120fps on all VR games.

I want at least a 50/50 ratio between AAA games on TV vs VR.

I want a Mobile/Handheld Hybrid compenent from all three ecosystems.

I want all games to be playable across both the Mobile and Home device.

I want backwards compatibility PS1 - PS4, XBOX - XBO, NES - Switch, with handheld titles included from Sony and Nintendo.

I want greatly enhanced multi-tasking/multimedia features. Snap needs to return, I want to be able to put on PS Vue, WWE Network, Netflix, ect., or browse the web while playing, or without leaving my game.

I want greatly enhanced web browsing.

I want the doors opened to productivity software both for TV/Monitor and via VR. I want to see modding become what share was to the PS4/XBO generation.

I want to see Apps. Even though a great browser is better than apps, apps are something simple that can help expand usability to a wider audience.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

More good games... and a better PSN store.

1. A console that doesn't take 3 years to have a good game lineup
2. A removal of paid online
3. An actually good UI

Playstation: business as usual

Xbox: just die already

Hunting Season is done...