By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Detroit Become Human - 3 New Videos

Mmmm ... it seems heavy promotions have begun for the PS4. I just can't bare Cage any more. His writing is unbearably shallow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCmH5HX0kM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOhNekTeVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F70MeXMT_o

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 22 March 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Yh, Cage's wtiting is shallow AF.....

The dude should juat swallow his pride and get a proper writer and focus on the cinematic direction instead.

Hope this one is great tho.

On another note, looking at GOW, this and any number of games sony oushes out.... I kinda just hope that next gen the industry focuses on something other than resolution. Not saying sony ia guilty of this, but I just really wish theu focis on the little things. Like the ants on some trees in Horizon.

Intrinsic said:
Yh, Cage's wtiting is shallow AF.....

The dude should juat swallow his pride and get a proper writer and focus on the cinematic direction instead.

Hope this one is great tho.

On another note, looking at GOW, this and any number of games sony oushes out.... I kinda just hope that next gen the industry focuses on something other than resolution. Not saying sony ia guilty of this, but I just really wish theu focis on the little things. Like the ants on some trees in Horizon.

From the Kara vid:

'It's us against the world Alice'
'Just the two of us.'
'We have to learn to trust each other.'
'I only have you.'
'And you only have me.'
'And I'm going to do everything I can to make you happy again.'
'I'm glad you got that out of the way, mum. Now all we need is sad music.'

Yep, this is a Cage game alright.

The PS5 Exists. 

Looks great, cannot wait. Sony are at the top of their game, and its great to see.

Farcry 5 next week, my wallet is taking a pounding :(

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Androids showing deviancy? That reminds me of I Robot.

Around the Network

games looks so cool, hope it can good sales...

CGI-Quality said:
If you cannot, “bare Cage any more”, why make a topic about this game?

I was about to post the same thing. And actually I found those short dialogues 'OK'. The main problem of his games is the gameplay (or lack of gameplay).

CGI-Quality said:

Because I liked 'playing' Heavy Rain regardless of the face-palm moments. And of course because other people will likely be interested too. 

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Because I liked 'playing' Heavy Rain regardless of the face-palm moments. And of course because other people will likely be interested too. 

Interested ‘too’, meaning you can “bare Cage” just fine. ;)

I'm interested in the game and how it plays but I dislike Cage and the fact he just doesn't seem to have matured with his writing. The 'too' you are pointed out refers to the fact you wrote:

Which are two different things. :)

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:

Lucky for you, Cage isn’t the only writer. Plus, the fact that you mentioned Heavy Rain tells me you haven’t played Beyond (which was, very much, a step up in this regard).

I saw one particular scene in Beyond and that was enough to put me off. It was a scene with an African child helping our protagonist and forming a bond through cliqued dialogue and events. The scene ends with the protagonist shooting the African Childs father. LOL. Music swells, we cry, job done. THAT'S Cage and his stupid obsession with 'wanting to make people feel emotion'. The quality of dialogue or any interaction between the characters needs to be consistent throughout the game and the Kara vid just made me laugh when I watched it.  

'It's us against the world Alice' [bad but that would have been enough]
'Just the two of us.' [yeah, we understand that implicitly from the first bit of dialogue]
'We have to learn to trust each other.' [Ok, I get it. Why do you have to persuade your daughter to trust you?]
'I only have you.' [See first line of dialogue]
'And you only have me.' [see dialogue above and first line of dialogue. "Perhaps you could have just said 'we only have each other' Mum".]
'And I'm going to do everything I can to make you happy again.'

Just awful, over-writing. Cage doesn't understand less is more (which is harder to do). He can't stop himself. It's not 'human', it's cliques in speech marks. It's just a summery of something that should have been shown not explained. It's lazy. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 23 March 2018

The PS5 Exists.