By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: GOW Difficulty Changes Enemy Attack Patterns

Are they sure the story mode doesn't compromise their "vision" for the game? I heard that was a thing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Are they sure the story mode doesn't compromise their "vision" for the game? I heard that was a thing.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you explain, please?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
vivster said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you explain, please?

There are certain developers out there who claim that making an easy mode is a compromise to their vision. With GOW being a traditionally challenging game I'm worried those poor developers had to compromise their vision for the game just because some people can't git gud.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

There are certain developers out there who claim that making an easy mode is a compromise to their vision. With GOW being a traditionally challenging game I'm worried those poor developers had to compromise their vision for the game just because some people can't git gud.

But there are 4 difficulties ... 

The PS5 Exists. 

John2290 said:
vivster said:

Do you even have a ps4 vivster?

I have 2. One with and one without Pro at the end. Both since their respective launch. Why do you ask?

Around the Network
twintail said:

The first one isn't like that I think. I'm pretty sure it's believed to be a human sized boss.

It is but Greg Miller said it's a real standout and although isn't in terms of scale, it is in terms of (then he trailed off) only saying 'he won't spoil it'. He likened it to a battle between two Supermans. I think I can conjure a mental picture there. 

The PS5 Exists. 

John2290 said:
vivster said:

I have 2. One with and one without Pro at the end. Both since their respective launch. Why do you ask?

Oh aight. Just thought you were strictly PC. Must be another viv or V user on here.

You thought it was V for vendetta ... right? :)

The PS5 Exists. 

kirby007 said:
So whats the news? Having multiple difficulties? Or that a different difficulty makes it harder, im totally unfamiliar with the concept of difficulties

There have been some complaints that I have seen in discussions such as this claiming that the enemies stand and wait their turn to get beat up. Reminds me of Fighting Force 2 lol. But I think this addresses that concern that there are difficulty levels where you can in fact be prepared to get your ass handed to you.

John2290 said:
vivster said:

Oh aight. Just thought you were strictly PC. Must be another viv or V user on here.

I also own a Switch and many other consoles. But I do play the majority of my games on PC. The last time I touched my PS4 was when DQ11 released in Japan. The next time I will probably touch it is when DQ11 releases in the west. The new GOW is one of the reasons why I won't have to touch it before that.

I was completely burned out from the God of War games but the more I see and hear of this one the more I'm thinking I might actually get it at release. The old gameplay and character had completely run its course, IMO, but this seems to be a different enough experience that I could still get into it.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS