By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves - Metacritic/Review thread - Metascore: XBO - 69 (69 reviews) PC - 68 (23 reviews)

Ok, so another review just dropped, from a publication with unbelievably racist name, Slant Magazine. I...I can't even....disregarding that unpleasantness, the score is 4/10. I wish metacritic made more it more clear how their "weighting" process works, if there are more than 2 tiers, and also made each reviewers/site "weight" visible. Or is that information already available? It stayed at 69 btw. Also I'd like to apologize to Ludicrous and Slade for having the temerity to make this post, as I have not played Sea Of Thieves, nor do I plan to ever buy it. Soooorrreee. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

Ok, so another review just dropped, from a publication with unbelievably racist name, Slant Magazine. I...I can't even....disregarding that unpleasantness, the score is 4/10. I wish metacritic made more it more clear how their "weighting" process works, if there are more than 2 tiers, and also made each reviewers/site "weight" visible. Or is that information already available? It stayed at 69 btw. Also I'd like to apologize to Ludicrous and Slade for having the temerity to make this post, as I have not played Sea Of Thieves, nor do I plan to ever buy it. Soooorrreee. :)

Are you serious about “Slant” being racist? Because in this day & age I can’t really tell what is and isn’t serious. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Neodegenerate said:
Seventizz said:
A completely balanced MMO - when you think about it. Had Rare gone the traditional route, we’d be reading ‘OP this and that’.

But it’s related to Xbox so they’re in a ‘damned if they do, damned if they dont’ scenario from certain fanboys.

Game isn't an MMO.

Also, it could just be that the game is fun for the first few hours but lacks content... like the majority of reviews say.

Massively Multiplayer Online game.  Yes it is an MMO.

starcraft said:

Game pass costs $10 per month, so you could play SoT for a full month for $10.

That should be fantastic for all those surely-very-sincere posters in this thread that are 'devastated' that the game supposedly lacks content

You got me here..

What does paying a monthly fee for a game have to do with an obvious/apparent lack of content?

Seventizz said:
Neodegenerate said:

Game isn't an MMO.

Also, it could just be that the game is fun for the first few hours but lacks content... like the majority of reviews say.

Massively Multiplayer Online game.  Yes it is an MMO.

There isn't anything massive about a 20 person instanced server.

There's no persistent world, you don't log in to a specific server.  It's not an MMO.

By your definition, CoD is an MMO.

Around the Network

50/50/50 has been achieved by Prod1gyX and spoiler: along with a new outfit and new port a new "faction" has been unlocked - this one has atleast 10 new lvls to acquire another outfit and new voyages

these voyages seem to have 6+ different quests that have the same objectives (dig up chests, catch animals, kill skeletton lords) as in the voyages of the 3 initial factions just mixed together

Last edited by Lafiel - on 29 March 2018

Lafiel said:

50/50/50 has been achieved by Prod1gyX and spoiler: along with a new outfit and new port a new "faction" has been unlocked - this one has atleast 10 new lvls to acquire another outfit and new voyages

these voyages seem to have 6+ different quests that have the same objectives (dig up chests, catch animals, kill skeletton lords) as in the voyages of the 3 initial factions just mixed together

can't say I was expecting anything crazy xD

We've finally hit 50 reviews

Hardcore gamer, sixth Axis, and app trigger all 70s

Looks like it'll stay in the 68-70 range

Lafiel said:

Had to visit the reddit thread to see if true.
It was a guy who was apparently boosted all/most of the way....
guys would hand him the quest objectives and he would just hand them in.

Apparently people saw a stream of him, and doesnt know how to do alot of things in the game.
Great First "Pirate Legend"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/883hkk/mfw_i_find_out_the_first_pirate_legend_doesnt/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/881ti1/it_be_a_shame_that_the_first_pirates_to_505050_be/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/883l38/pirate_legend_not_knowing_how_to_close_a_chat/

Not surprised Prod would boost, dudes always been a douche nugget. He used to plays Evolve Stage 2 on PC and use exploits, I still whipped his ass though.

End game is about what I expected, a new merchant for “legends” and more cosmetics.