By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [PoTW] Favorite JRPG Series?

Favorite JRPG Series?

Final Fantasy 687 27.20%

Dragon Quest 147 5.82%

Tales of 82 3.25%

Megami Tensei (not incl. Persona) 84 3.33%

Persona 305 12.07%

Pokemon 705 27.91%

Souls 253 10.02%

Other 263 10.41%

Total:2,526

Final Fantasy.

It really is a shame about 15... and in part 13. They should take a note out of how Pokemon works, gameplay is pretty much the same as it's ever been and it's still really popular. While FF just keep disappointing me as they keep thinking they need to change the gameplay to appeal to a new audience (plus coming up with useless excuses to why they are changing things).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I wonder how many of the people who voted Persona have only ever played Persona V.

Anyways, I truly could not decide. It would be between FF, DQ, Tales, and Pokemon. No idea which is my favorite.

Tales is my favorite series in terms of consistent RPG action.

Chrono Trigger is not a series.

Kingdom Hearts

And its absence on the poll dissapoints me.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
RaptorChrist said:
I wonder how many of the people who voted Persona have only ever played Persona V.

If it became their favourite JRPG franchise with just a single game then that's very impressive!

Considering the popularity of 4 though, I doubt there's many.

I enjoyed 5 enough that I went back and played 4.  The two of them alone were almost enough to change me over from FF to Persona.  The quantity of FF goodness though keeps that one at the top with Persona now in the 2 hole.

Ka-pi96 said:
Neodegenerate said:

I enjoyed 5 enough that I went back and played 4.  The two of them alone were almost enough to change me over from FF to Persona.  The quantity of FF goodness though keeps that one at the top with Persona now in the 2 hole.

You should go back and play 3 as well then, maybe that woud tip Persona over the edge for you

It might.  3 is next on the RPG list... if I can get myself off Fortnite long enough to start it up.

Feels weird going backward through a series.

for me it's wild arms and still missing a new sequel😔

I picked Final Fantasy.

Of the ones not listed here, Valkyria Chronicles.

Neodegenerate said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You should go back and play 3 as well then, maybe that woud tip Persona over the edge for you

It might.  3 is next on the RPG list... if I can get myself off Fortnite long enough to start it up.

Feels weird going backward through a series.

Did you play P4 on the PS2 or P4 Golden on Vita? and what about P3 PS2 or PSP version.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot