By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Switch talk

berzerkertank said:
robzo100 said:

Veyr comforting to hear about Ness! :)

I don't think they'd ever plan on taking out someone that's been around since the beginning of Smash at this point. Like if Marvel (Film Division) just decided that Iron Man wasn't going to be an Avenger anymore.

I think it would be pretty cool if a Monster Hunter got put into the roster, and have them do something like they did with MvC:I. Shovel Knight would be cool, tool, but he's got a snowball's chance in hell of getting in, unfortunately.

master chief for smash lol

Smash has two purposes from Nintendo's perspective. One is based on it's core philosophy of fun, and then the next is targeting the appropriate audiences for brand longevity. Shovel Knight represents the resurgence in "2D nostalgia"

I'd say from that perspective its chances aren't too bad. BUT, it has a great chance as an assist trophy or other secondary level appearance, probably some music tracks too.

Around the Network

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but sites like Amazon UK have placeholder box art up - and the logo used in that has blue/red flame at the end of 'Bros'.

Why could that be significant? Because Smash U had blue flame and Smash 3DS had red flame - and the combined red/blue flame on the placeholder art is the same shape as the flame logos used for Smash 4 on Wii U/3DS. Is this a sign that we're getting a Deluxe version, combining 3DS, Wii U and dlc? 

EDIT: This looks like it is probably completely insignificant - other sites are using the new logo as their placeholder. Ignore my ramblings.

I hope that there will be no more Fire Emblem Characters (Unless its one of the archers, butlers or ninjas )

I would happily have more Pokemons in the roster.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

killeryoshis said:
Shaqazooloo0 said: 

I suppose as of recently, I would be considered a Melee elitist most likely, but even before I picked up Melee again, I would've said Brawl was just ok from a casual stand point. I had way more fun with Melee and enjoyed it more as a casual experience than Brawl tbh.

Nah. Melee Elitist are people who think they are better than you because they play Melee over Brawl/Smash 4. You don't seem to be doing that so you are just fine. Also, I never said Brawl was better just that is was an awesome game. You don't need to trash the other to say the other is good.  

Let's be honest here. There is no such thing as a bad Super Smash Bros game. 

Ah Ok, wasn't too sure tbh. I've seen people pretty much say that if you like Melee over Brawl or Smash 4, you're a Melee Elitist. Glad that's not the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dark Souls guy made it in as a character, Solaire of Astora. He did get an amiibo after all. Also I just really want them to put Tom Nook in there, because who doesn't want to beat the hell out of Tom Nook? The rent is too damn high!

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Dark Souls guy made it in as a character, Solaire of Astora. He did get an amiibo after all. Also I just really want them to put Tom Nook in there, because who doesn't want to beat the hell out of Tom Nook? The rent is too damn high!

They can't do Dark Souls guy. I already forbid it. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I didn't get the memo.

Would you allow him as DLC?  Like maybe day 1, free DLC that is already on the cart.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I didn't get the memo.

Would you allow him as DLC?  Like maybe day 1, free DLC that is already on the cart.

I don't like the idea of Solaire as a character. To me it is everything wrong with how people misinterpret the point of the Souls series. Everyone in those games is just a normal person with barely any information known about them, with small archetypal personality traits making them stand out. It's the minimalism that makes those characters memorable. Every time someone suggests Solaire in Smash, it seems pretty obvious that they are someone not into the series. I've even seen people say that he should be added because he's "iconic". Yes, I suppose he is, but only because he was meme'd into oblivion for no reason but a slightly over the top phrase. 

I just don't like the idea. I find it to be a perversion of the point of Dark Souls. Besides, I don't really see how he is any more worthy than Oscar, considering he saves you from the dungeon, and his armor is the poster boy for the series.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I didn't get the memo.

I don't like the idea of Solaire as a character. To me it is everything wrong with how people misinterpret the point of the Souls series. Everyone in those games is just a normal person with barely any information known about them, with small archetypal personality traits making them stand out. It's the minimalism that makes those characters memorable. Every time someone suggests Solaire in Smash, it seems pretty obvious that they are someone not into the series. I've even seen people say that he should be added because he's "iconic". Yes, I suppose he is, but only because he was meme'd into oblivion for no reason but a slightly over the top phrase. 

I just don't like the idea. I find it to be a perversion of the point of Dark Souls. Besides, I don't really see how he is any more worthy than Oscar, considering he saves you from the dungeon, and his armor is the poster boy for the series.

I kind of see perversion as the whole point of Smash Bros.  Mario and Link gang up on the Villager from Animal Crossing to totally beat the crap out of him.  The whole game is supposed to be demented and twist the original purpose of their parent games.

Honestly though there are so many more 3rd part characters that would be way better and more fitting than Solaire.

Bomberman
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Banjo-Kazooie
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton

Really Solaire just strikes me as a flavor of the month type character due to the announcement of Dark Souls on Switch with the amiibo. Same with Crash, but I still thinks he makes more sense in general.