By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Switch talk

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Shaqazooloo0 said: 

Another thing that I think could be implemented is an Arcade Ladder mode that takes a page or two from other modern fighting games. I didn't dip into Classic Mode or All-Star mode until Smash 4, and I honestly found both really boring and forgettable ... in fact, I had to look them up a few days ago just to be reminded of what they were specifically. I know that they're .... kind of ... like Arcade modes in other fighting games? I mean, you do fight NPCs and the challenge does get more difficult in classic mode. But an actual Arcade mode would be great! It doesn't even have to have cutscenes in-between battles, just add one big one at the end(although obviously, the more the merrier). An arcade mode could allow for cutscenes that are quirky and funny and aren't connected to one big story like Subspace. 

The Classic mode is different from the previous games, really to the point that the name "Classic" is rather dubious. I can't remember how All-Star mode was in Brawl, but in Melee you could have more than just one life and continue.

Around the Network

Brawl was an amazing game. Fight me.

Simpleton said:

Only Melee elitist will fight you on that. Most people will agree Brawl was awesome.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Another thing that I think could be implemented is an Arcade Ladder mode that takes a page or two from other modern fighting games. I didn't dip into Classic Mode or All-Star mode until Smash 4, and I honestly found both really boring and forgettable ... in fact, I had to look them up a few days ago just to be reminded of what they were specifically. I know that they're .... kind of ... like Arcade modes in other fighting games? I mean, you do fight NPCs and the challenge does get more difficult in classic mode. But an actual Arcade mode would be great!

Classic mode in Melee and Brawl were pretty much Arcade mode. Classic mode in Smash 4 might as well be called something else because it definitely doesn't resemble 64's arcade mode.

It doesn't even have to have cutscenes in-between battles, just add one big one at the end(although obviously, the more the merrier). An arcade mode could allow for cutscenes that are quirky and funny and aren't connected to one big story like Subspace. 

That is kind of what Melee's Adventure mode was. Quick cut scene between every stage to set things up but didn't really have a plot.

Shaqazooloo0 said:

Another thing that I think could be implemented is an Arcade Ladder mode that takes a page or two from other modern fighting games. I didn't dip into Classic Mode or All-Star mode until Smash 4, and I honestly found both really boring and forgettable ... in fact, I had to look them up a few days ago just to be reminded of what they were specifically. I know that they're .... kind of ... like Arcade modes in other fighting games? I mean, you do fight NPCs and the challenge does get more difficult in classic mode. But an actual Arcade mode would be great!

Classic mode in Melee and Brawl were pretty much Arcade mode. Classic mode in Smash 4 might as well be called something else because it definitely doesn't resemble 64's arcade mode.

It doesn't even have to have cutscenes in-between battles, just add one big one at the end(although obviously, the more the merrier). An arcade mode could allow for cutscenes that are quirky and funny and aren't connected to one big story like Subspace. 

That is kind of what Melee's Adventure mode was. Quick cut scene between every stage to set things up but didn't really have a plot.

Great, now my totally original idea for a totally unoriginal game mode is ruined !!!

Maybe they should have called it "New Classic Mode U"

Around the Network
Simpleton said:

Brawl was... ok. Not my cup of tea. Even before I knew about wavedashing, L-canceling and the like, I still preferred most of what Melee had (except Adventure mode) over what Brawl had.

killeryoshis said:

Only Melee elitist will fight you on that. Most people will agree Brawl was awesome.

I suppose as of recently, I would be considered a Melee elitist most likely, but even before I picked up Melee again, I would've said Brawl was just ok from a casual stand point. I had way more fun with Melee and enjoyed it more as a casual experience than Brawl tbh.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Simpleton said:

Brawl was... ok. Not my cup of tea. Even before I knew about wavedashing, L-canceling and the like, I still preferred most of what Melee had (except Adventure mode) over what Brawl had.

killeryoshis said:

I suppose as of recently, I would be considered a Melee elitist most likely, but even before I picked up Melee again, I would've said Brawl was just ok from a casual stand point. I had way more fun with Melee and enjoyed it more as a casual experience than Brawl tbh.

I prefer Melee myself,  but I still love Brawl, I never understood the hate for it.

VGPolyglot said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

I prefer Melee myself,  but I still love Brawl, I never understood the hate for it.

Most of the hate was because Brawl had a lot of the "Complexities" (read: programming quirks) removed, so that there were less techniques required to learn. A lot of people felt that made it a lot more casual, and more of a party game compared to Melee, which they were/are both intended to be when they were in development. Plus, not a lot of people were happy about the changes that individual characters got, so the players ended up being fractured on the issue.

I always liked Brawl, arguably more than Melee, but to each there own, I guess.

lol signatues

Shaqazooloo0 said: 
killeryoshis said:

Nah. Melee Elitist are people who think they are better than you because they play Melee over Brawl/Smash 4. You don't seem to be doing that so you are just fine. Also, I never said Brawl was better just that is was an awesome game. You don't need to trash the other to say the other is good.  

Let's be honest here. There is no such thing as a bad Super Smash Bros game. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I want Melee-like "Break the Targets" mode

Signature goes here!