By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Getting a Nintendo Switch + Zelda tomorrow..

This is my favorite console of all time. Zelda is amazing, and Xenoblade 2 is also pretty damn amazing. It has its pros and cons just like the first game but I think it evens everything out and the two are about equal.

If you like shooters, Splatoon is an obvious choice. It’s ridiculously fun. (Motion is also optional if that turns you off)

Mario + Rabbids is a fucking blast and I think everyone should play that title.

There are a ton of titles that’s are great on the Switch. I haven’t touched my other consoles in a very long time. The Switch has kept me occupied since it released. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Stuart23 said:

I can only say by myself of course,but for me Xeno 2 improved a lot of aspects on the original. I really,really think you should give this one a shot.

I second this.  I have not played the first one myself, but I will say Xenoblade 2 is an amazing experience.  It has a slow start, but man when it gets going you will not be able to stop.

Make this your next big game AFTER you finish Zelda  you will not regret it.

Seems like a lot of people say Xeno 2 is worth it .. i might do a little bit more research on it.

RaptorChrist said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Thanks for responding man .. sounds like you really love the console. And don't worry i know how to immerse myself into games especially into ones like Breath of the Wild ;)

I know i should definitely get the pro controller but it's stupid expensive right now and i just don't have the money anymore. :/

Can you or anybody tell me what's the battery life on this thing ? 

Just estimating, but for me the Switch seems to last maybe 3 to 4 hours, and it depends on what you're using it for. The battery on the Joy-Cons is probably in the 15 - 25 hour range, but it's hard to say for sure. And the Pro Controller battery is probably 30 - 40 hours.

The screen on the Switch is 720p, and Zelda will match that resolution most of the time at 30 FPS.

If you play docked, Zelda will cap at 900p (which is 1600x900 for a 16:9, or 1440x900 for 16:10). Again, at 30 FPS. I played before the framerate patch and it ran pretty smooth for me, but I hear it's even better now.

That if true is really good news. Thanks for the input man !

Platina said:
The portability is a huge plus for me. Not for everyone but being able to take it on the go is huge

Apparently there is some issues with 3rd party docks atm so I wouldn't recommend buying those for now

Yes for me too .. it's one of the biggest reasons why i was always interested in buying it.

There's something so awesome about being able to pull it out from the dock and being able to continue anywhere instantly.

PwerlvlAmy said:
prepare to get lost and side tracked like i did for like 300hrs in the game lol

Ohh yeahh that's what i'm counting on hahah ;)

Around the Network
Nozz-A-La said:
sub-zero-TM said:

That's the price with the game right ? i'm paying mine 380 euros with Zelda included.

380€ seems to be a lot.

You can currently order the switch for 300€:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01M6ZGICT/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1521481218&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=switch&dpPl=1&dpID=41UMaeJXI7L&ref=plSrch

(grey)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01N5OPMJW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1521481218&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=switch&dpPl=1&dpID=51lJfhTUklL&ref=plSrch

(neon)

And zelda for 56€:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01MT8ERQW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1521481359&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=zelda&dpPl=1&dpID=51EvxISeeQL&ref=plSrch

Or if you want the switch with red joycons and mario odyssey (355€):

https://www.mediamarkt.at/de/product/_nintendo-switch-rot-mario-odyssey-dlc-1604686.html

Well in the regions i'm in always it's Austria-Serbia and there i couldn't find a Switch below 320e anywhere in the stores and ofc plus a game 50-60e.

Since i'm in Serbia at the moment i don't order on Amazon here cause cause they don't have their own one. So i appreciate the help friend but i guess 20-25 e more isn't that bad.

Azuren said:
All I have to add is BotW isn't worth what it got on MC. I'd say it's a solid 91-93.

That is also what i'm thinking as well i mean seventy perfect scores on MC.. FREAKING SEVENTY! 

There is a chance that it's overrated, i guess i will find out soon.. and even if it is more in the range of 91-93 that's still amazing and i can't wait to play it.

Kwaidd said:

-Get a screen protector and a hardshell carrying case.  (you can get both from Hori on Amazon for cheap and will never regret it.)

-When you have the extra coin, the Pro Controller is the only way to fly.

-Hori makes an awesome little fold out stand for Switch for tabletop mode, that allows for the charger to be plugged in during use if wanted.  It's like $12-15.

Does the screen get scratched easily ??

I'm personally not the screen protector type. I've never in my life used a screen protector, a cover/case/whatever, or worn a condom.

Congratulations. Let us know if you are having fun with the game. If I had to recommend an indie game to get for cheap with the Switch, it would be the very obscure Sonic Mania. Very fun and actually the best game I have on Switch. And that's saying a lot, because I own all the Nintendos. Every Nintendos.