By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:

kirby aint  no system seller, plus xbox has no deals = more sales for ps4, ps4 easily by 90k.

Do you want a bet? I bet that the PS4-Switch difference will be less than 90k for March.

I'll bet it will win by 50k, i like to take bets that i'm sure i will win.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
VGPolyglot said:

Do you want a bet? I bet that the PS4-Switch difference will be less than 90k for March.

You said easily by 90k though, if it was so easy wouldn't you be comfortable betting 90k?

Ni no Kuni 2 ? That's not a PS4 system seller like MHW was in February (and I intend to purchase Ni No Kuni 2 eventually).

PS4 has Far Cry 5 and MLB in March. Those will make more of an impact on PS4 sales than Ni no Kuni 2.

Amazing for PS4

VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:

You said easily by 90k though, if it was so easy wouldn't you be comfortable betting 90k?

i'm pretty confident  it be around a 90k win, but i like to take my bets where i'm  sure in my mind that i will win.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

With 2015 having 8 weeks and 2018 having 9 weeks. And, of course, the PS4 being $400 vs the Switch’s $300.

No reason to be a console warrior about it, Switch is doing very good and similar to PS4/XBO in a similar time frame.

I don't think hes being a console warrior about anything. What he pointwd out is kinda important.

Would PS4/XB1 sales be more if they were sellong for $299? Would NS sales be less if it was retailing for $399? is that one week extra sales irrelevant?

I am kind of surprised that PS4 and XB1 are doing so well.  I have to wonder if any of this is due to MHW.  It is kind of amazing that any Monster Hunter game can actually move hardware now outside of Japan, but that seems to be what is happening.

I also think Amazon disproportionately favors Switch consumers.  My guess is that GameStop disproportionately favors PS4/XB1 consumers, and so a lot of Switch consumers are just going to Amazon instead.  I wish I had data to confirm or deny that though.  I've never seen GameStop break down their sales report by console brand.

Nevermind

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Train wreck said:
KLAMarine said:

"PS4 nothing, just normal price"

Not sure about this:

https://www.furilia.com/the-best-ps4-bundles-and-deals-in-february-2018/

None of those were officially sanctioned by Sony while Xbox was Microsoft driven deals...

Your point?

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:
This thread reads like a repeat of November 2017 NPD.

except this time there were no 199$ ps4 deals or any deals at all, ps4 will easily take march and april.

I can understand why it will take April..... but why march?