By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

RolStoppable said:
This thread reads like a repeat of November 2017 NPD.

except this time there were no 199$ ps4 deals or any deals at all, ps4 will easily take march and april.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
zorg1000 said:

With Lawlight's track record you cant blame me for thinking he was trying to discredit the fact that Switch is doing better than PS4 in the same time frame.

He was trying to discredit your post which seemed to be suggesting Switch 2018 NPD was beating PS4 2015 NPD, which with additional information was discredited.

Nah, i was trying to show the people who act like Switch is doing bad for being in 3rd that its doing on par with the others in a similar time frame.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
This is fairly sad to read through if I'm honest, no one should be that obsessed with a piece of hardware failing to sell, unless you've got shares in every rival company you should really reconsider time spent on your hobby.

Pretty cool to see all 3 machines selling healthy numbers in the states though, nothing like competition to make sure that us gamers get the Best

Yep, its sad that we have a month where all 3 did very good and somehow people are having petty fights.

OTBWY said:
Ganoncrotch said:
This is fairly sad to read through if I'm honest, no one should be that obsessed with a piece of hardware failing to sell, unless you've got shares in every rival company you should really reconsider time spent on your hobby.

Pretty cool to see all 3 machines selling healthy numbers in the states though, nothing like competition to make sure that us gamers get the Best

Exactly this. Competition is very important. Could you imagine someone wanting less competition? Less entertainment?

Even if you're not a huge fan of say Sony or the Playstation, them being a strong competitor to your brand of choice means that X1 or Nintendo will do more with the Switch and keep their service competitive with the rivals, when you see one company rule you get complacency or a system with a huge price tag, the end of the ps2 era and beginning of the PS3 was the largest case of that in recent history. Or moving from Wii to WiiU, when a company thinks it can do no wrong... . they often go and do nothing but wrong.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:
This thread reads like a repeat of November 2017 NPD.

except this time there were no 199$ ps4 deals or any deals at all, ps4 will easily take march and april.

It should take April with GoW, I wouldn't say march is an easy win.

Barkley said:
quickrick said:

it will easily win march, its just out sold switch by 30% in February, why would march be any different? feb and march are always very strong for playstation 4.  another huge  factor for February was xbox had amazing deals, other wise ps4 would have sold more, in march xbox has no deals, and ps4 will sale more units because of this.

Last edited by quickrick - on 19 March 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Barkley said:

it will easily win march, its just out sold switch by 30% in February, why would march be any different? feb and march are always very strong for playstation 4. 

Kirby, while I don't think it is a particularly strong system seller, will still do more for the Switch than Bayonetta did in Feb.

Equally I expect MHW sold more hardware in FEB than any releases in March, Ni No Kuni for example, will do for the PS4.

I'd give an edge to ps4 just due to the large 30% gap this month, but I think it could go either way really.

Barkley said:
quickrick said:

it will easily win march, its just out sold switch by 30% in February, why would march be any different? feb and march are always very strong for playstation 4. 

Kirby, while I don't think it is a particularly strong system seller, will still do more for the Switch than Bayonetta did in Feb.

Equally I expect MHW sold more hardware in FEB than any releases in March, Ni No Kuni for example, will do for the PS4.

I'd give an edge to ps4 just due to the large 30% gap this month, but I think it could go either way really.

kirby aint  no system seller, plus xbox has no deals = more sales for ps4, ps4 easily by 90k.

Deserved.
Xbox just fails every year its sad.

quickrick said:
Barkley said:

kirby aint  no system seller, plus xbox has no deals = more sales for ps4, ps4 easily by 90k.

Do you want a bet? I bet that the PS4-Switch difference will be less than 90k for March.

hudsoniscool said:
JRPGfan said:

no need to "guess" or speculated based on how things where last year.

Here are the "actual" numbers:

NSW ~ 280K
XB1 ~ 311K
PS4 ~ 364K

No idea if this actually was Xbox One's best february yet, but this is why it did so well:
XB1 1tb ~249$
XB1 500g ~229$

PUBG 1TB Bundle also was included in promotion.

PS4 on other hand? I think they kept their 299$ price ect, and had Zero promotions.
And they still won NPD, which is impressive.

Thank you for those numbers. Yep Xbox had a promotion for about half the month still very impressive because it’s previous best feb was about 280k. When a lot of people are saying the console is dieing and won’t hit 50million sales it goes and has its best January and best February ever.

Only in NA. Having the best anything in just one out of all its regions doesn't mean its not dying. And I personally think it will hit 50M at some point. Its currently doong around 8M/yr anyways. Should be at or around 50M by 2020.

The issue with that is that the PS4 would be over 100M by then.

But as they say, the XB1 isn't a failure. The PS4 is just doing really good.