By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Oh, I see you've already corrected your post.

*sweat drops* what are you talking about ?!

Oh ... yeah I put January instead of March for some kind of subconcious reason.

In any case, I don't know if the SSB announcement will really have that much of an effect on the Switch's sales, especially considering that it still has a vague 2018 release date and not much has been shown of it yet.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Oh .....

But good for MHW !

Wait there it is.  So all things held equally, do you believe that Monster's Hunter lead to the boast.   I say this because there ere no real special deals for PS4 in February.  Also, I would like to add that I don't trust those leaked numbers because they are too damn high.  Anyway, going on faith, lets says the PS4 did win.  Does this mean that Monster Hunter has console pushing power even outside of Japan?

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Amazon sales rankings means just that, sales on Amazon, not hole sales in America, so fact is that Switch is selling good on Amazon. You do realise that Switch can have good month despite PS4/XB1 sold better, and that one month in which Switch only Bayonetta dont means loosing momentum, right!? 

switch got destroyed this month, being out sold be 30% by ps4, and losing to xbox, that looks like losing momentum to me,

Switch doesn't have any hot titles out right now. I'm sure it'll be ahead regularly again when that happens. Too early to write it off yet. For now, Switch seems to be a wild card on sites like Amazon at least.

CosmicSex said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Oh .....

But good for MHW !

Wait there it is.  So all things held equally, do you believe that Monster's Hunter lead to the boast.   I say this because there ere no real special deals for PS4 in February.  Also, I would like to add that I don't trust those leaked numbers because they are too damn high.  Anyway, going on faith, lets says the PS4 did win.  Does this mean that Monster Hunter has console pushing power even outside of Japan?

By SKU, the top-selling title was Monster Hunter: World for PS4, followed by Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo), and Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo).

JRPGfan said:
hudsoniscool said:

The leaker also said Xbox was up 40% or more from last year. That would put it at 301k or more. It’s best February yet. Is this guy confirmed as legitimate by the way?

xbox did 215k feb 17

so if it’s up 40%

switch 270k

xbox 301k

ps4 351k

no need to "guess" or speculated based on how things where last year.

Here are the "actual" numbers:

NSW ~ 280K
XB1 ~ 311K
PS4 ~ 364K

No idea if this actually was Xbox One's best february yet, but this is why it did so well:
XB1 1tb ~249$
XB1 500g ~229$

PUBG 1TB Bundle also was included in promotion.

PS4 on other hand? I think they kept their 299$ price ect, and had Zero promotions.
And they still won NPD, which is impressive.

Thank you for those numbers. Yep Xbox had a promotion for about half the month still very impressive because it’s previous best feb was about 280k. When a lot of people are saying the console is dieing and won’t hit 50million sales it goes and has its best January and best February ever.

Last edited by hudsoniscool - on 19 March 2018

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

In any case, I don't know if the SSB announcement will really have that much of an effect on the Switch's sales, especially considering that it still has a vague 2018 release date and not much has been shown of it yet.

I just wanna take everything into account. And I can't simply ignore how big the hype for the announcement was.

The hype was big, but I don't know how many of those were people who already have a Switch, people who will wait closer to the game before getting a Switch or people who will get a Switch from the announcement of the game.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
CosmicSex said:

By SKU, the top-selling title was Monster Hunter: World for PS4, followed by Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo), and Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo).

Oh I was asking for your thoughts on the data.  PS4 almost always has the highest selling game SKU in NPD since the PS4 launch.   

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

The hype was big, but I don't know how many of those were people who already have a Switch, people who will wait closer to the game before getting a Switch or people who will get a Switch from the announcement of the game.

That's what I think,mostly.

I'm sorry, what do you think? I didn't think that my post really said anything, it was mainly me pondering over the split.

I guess this is what happens when a console doesn't have 3rd party support, it loses out against 4-year-old hardware.

You got to have a lineup of more than ports and 2d pixel art platformers.

I dont know about you guys, but the Switch is infinitely up YoY. Doesnt look like it's losing momentum.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988