By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza Kiwami 2 localization announced for the west. August 28th 2018 (PS4)

Didn't think we would get it so soon but I'm definitely happy, day 1 for sure.

Around the Network

So, Kiwami 2 at the very least. As 3 is where I started, having 1 and 2 on the PS4 is pretty amazing. I might even double dip on 3, 4, and 5 if they happen. Dead Souls though.....The ineptitude in that game's control design is worthy of study. Too bad really, because the concept is pretty fun.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Holy damn yes

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

This might be the last remake. They might just remaster 3-5 for ps4. I started with 4. Played 5, 0 and kiwami day one. Haven't played 3 yet.

oh god YEEEEEEEEESSSS !!!!

Yakuza 2 was/is the best STORY-GAME ever for me with Metal Gear Solid 3 and Persona 4. The emotions, the story, the characters - its the perfect Story-Game and my favorite Yakuza-Game = )

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:
So, Kiwami 2 at the very least. As 3 is where I started, having 1 and 2 on the PS4 is pretty amazing. I might even double dip on 3, 4, and 5 if they happen. Dead Souls though.....The ineptitude in that game's control design is worthy of study. Too bad really, because the concept is pretty fun.

It's happening! Dance with me, brother! 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I can easily google this, but is this a remake of the second game?

I played the first on PS2 and from the looks of it, the franchise has changed dramatically. In the PS2 version it was in english.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:

I played the first on PS2 and from the looks of it, the franchise has changed dramatically. In the PS2 version it was in english.

The Japanese voice acting in this series is almost universally considered to be superior to the PS2 English voice work, which I personally consider a travesty.

flashfire926 said:
From the outside looking in, these games look pretty cool.

But a question I have for you all is.....how do you guys manage with two yakuza games each year without getting franchise fatigue?

After looking it up, this is the fourth yakuza game in 20 months. A new yakuza every 5 months. This series is milked more than fifa 😛

I am still wondering myself, I don't know how I was able to drop 100+ hours into Yakuza 0, then move onto Yakuza Kiwmai to put 60 hours into that and I am currently at 35 hours into Yakuza 6, and I can easily see myself putting another 50 into Kiwami 2, and don't get me started on how much I could play Hokuto Ga Gotoku when that get's localized. 

I think it has more so to do with the fact Kamurocho is never the same Kamurocho in any game with new content and features in every new entry to keep the game fresh. Also the narratives in each game alone just keep my hooked to the TV as I play.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

COKTOE said:
roadkillers said:

The Japanese voice acting in this series is almost universally considered to be superior to the PS2 English voice work, which I personally consider a travesty.

Sure... but I speak English.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e