By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza Kiwami 2 localization announced for the west. August 28th 2018 (PS4)

Reposting of the ResetEra thread: All credit to Menitta.

"Just announced during their Yakuza 6 livestream! https://www.twitch.tv/sega " - Menitta

1 word... Tigers:

"Yakuza Kiwami 2 MSRP is $49.99" -

This follows the planned Kiwami 2,3,4,5 they talked about earlier on last year.
The "dream" of 1 system (PS4) with all the Yakuza's (0 to 6) on it will come true at this rate.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 17 March 2018

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Well I'm sold. 

YES!

It's nice to get confirmation.

From the outside looking in, these games look pretty cool.

But a question I have for you all is.....how do you guys manage with two yakuza games each year without getting franchise fatigue?

After looking it up, this is the fourth yakuza game in 20 months. A new yakuza every 5 months. This series is milked more than fifa 😛

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:

But a question I have for you all is.....how do you guys manage with two yakuza games each year without getting franchise fatigue?

After looking it up, this is the fourth yakuza game in 20 months. A new yakuza every 5 months. This series is milked more than fifa 😛

They're incredibly immersive and well designed. You just want to keep playing and playing!

In my experience anyway!

RJTM1991 said:
flashfire926 said:

They're incredibly immersive and well designed. You just want to keep playing and playing!

In my experience anyway!

Fair enough. 

Since your avatar tells me you're the yakuza expert, which game should I start off with, as a potential newcomer to the series?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
RJTM1991 said:

In my experience anyway!

Fair enough. 

Since your avatar tells me you're the yakuza expert, which game should I start off with, as a potential newcomer to the series?

Yakuza 0 is a prequel and regarded as the best in the series by many, so I'd say to start there!

Yakuza was my favourite in the series. Taega's section in Yakuza 5 is my favourite part in the series, but I think Yakuza 2 was a better game start to finish.

Hmm, i would cancel my 6 preorder if this came out sooner.