By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blossom Tales for Switch surpasses Steam lifetime revenue by 20x

VGPolyglot said:
zorg1000 said:

Steamspy says the game sold 3,656 units on Steam.

Revenue is 20x as much on Switch.

Its priced the same on Steam & Switch, however i dont know if its had any past discounts on Steam.

Assuming all units sold are the same price than Switch version sold 73,120.

I don't know the proportion of revenue-per-sale it is per console, so that could fluctuate a bit.

Revenue would sales X cost, wouldnt it?

Youre thinking about profit i think.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't know the proportion of revenue-per-sale it is per console, so that could fluctuate a bit.

Revenue would sales X cost, wouldnt it?

Youre thinking about profit i think.

No, I mean I don't know how much of a cut the publishers get on Steam compared to the Switch. Profit is revenue - expenses, so I assumed that it just meant the revenue they get themselves.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 16 March 2018

I think Nintendo’s release funnel with Indies has been doing a lot more good than harm. Also, Nintendo’s News section that pops up each time you bring Switch out of sleep mode must be helping digital sales a tremendous amount.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

thats great for that company. Hadn't heard of this game, it looks pretty sweet. I actually might pick it up at some point now.

It's wonderful to hear so many Nindie success stories and hopefully Nintendo continues to provide a solid platform and support for smaller developers.

Around the Network

The flow of release on Switch is just perfect. There is a good quality overall and there isn't too much games releasing at the same time.

Good to hear it sold well and it managed to reward the team like they deserve. The game is really good.

It's a really good game and the storytelling is actually well paced.
It's no a Link to the Past, but then again, how many games are.

Glad to see it saved the developer!

zorg1000 said:
VGPolyglot said:
So, the sales are like 60,000 then?

Steamspy says the game sold 3,656 units on Steam.

Revenue is over 20x as much on Switch.

Its priced the same on Steam & Switch, however i dont know if its had any past discounts on Steam.

Assuming all units sold are the same price than Switch version sold more than 73,120.

isthereanydeal.com lists the historic low for the price on as $11.24, so there wasn't really that big of a discount

Always fun to hear these Swith success-stories. I am ashamed to say though that i haven't bought the game yet, but i plan to

Nice.