By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So far, what was the best Nintendo Direct ever in your opinion? And the worst?

Metroid33slayer said:
The best one was the January 2013 direct that was better than most e3 directs/presentations. The highlight being the first trailer of xenoblade x. Suprised that you didn't even mention this direct in your list.

This one. The last ones have been good too. Even if most are ports, there are a lot of games coming to Switch in the coming months.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
Metroid33slayer said:
The best one was the January 2013 direct that was better than most e3 directs/presentations. The highlight being the first trailer of xenoblade x. Suprised that you didn't even mention this direct in your list.

I tried to keep the list with mostly general directs, I also left out an 3DS one and that one before Wii U launched, that was made with an audience. But yeah looking back that direct in january was a very important one, I should've putted in.

VGPolyglot said: 
The E3 Directs aren't on here?

I left those out too. Again, I tried to focused on regular directs.

I have noticed VG Chartz users often have issues with reading comprehension/literacy =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

You didn't list the January 2013 ND, that was the one with WWHD, W101 etc... XBX was also revealed in it, it's still by far one of the best NDs to date.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 18 March 2018

Wyrdness said:

You didn't list the January 2013 ND, that was the one with WWHD, W101 etc... XBX was also revealed in it, it's still by far one of the best NDs to date.

For old-time Xeno-fans, seeing the Gears, Tanaka returning, and the big red X got our hopes WAY up :P

Not that the final product ended up badly - but, speaking for myself, it was not as related to Xenogears as I would have liked; although it DID bring in a lot of technology from both Xenogears and Xenosaga.

It was kind of like Ocarina of Time for me: when I first saw the "Zelda 64" trailer, I was hoping for something much more similar to what Breath of the Wild ended up being, but Ocarina of Time turned out to be phenomenal as well.

I would say that 1 minute of footage was perhaps the best moment of a Nintendo Direct outside of their flagship events/Directs.

But I think the E3 trailer for XCX was by far the strongest trailer Monolith Soft ever had (and IMO one of the best in the history of the industry):

Monolithsoft has come a very long way since their previous top trailer:

Last edited by Jumpin - on 23 March 2018

They all sort of blur into one for me, all I can say is that directs are in general a lot better recently then they were in the past.

So the worst is probably somewhere between 2013 and 2016.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
They all sort of blur into one for me, all I can say is that directs are in general a lot better recently then they were in the past.

So the worst is probably somewhere between 2013 and 2016.

Worst in content, yes, but the presentations in that time period were top notch. That's where I find a dilemma - because while some of those directs had content I had no interest in, they did have a very entertaining presentation. Nowadays, the content volume is MUCH higher for new announcements, but the presentation is also much flatter and formulaic feeling.