By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Gamers Club - Final Update, February 29th 2020

First Party Titles:
Mario Kart
Zelda BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Arms
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade 2

Third Party games:
I am Setsuna
Doom
Street Fighter
Poyo Poyo Tetris
Sonic Mania
Steam Dig World 2

Around the Network

Third Party - (d) + 1

Since my last post, I've purchased 3 third party digital games.

-Steamworld Dig 1,2, and Thimbleweed Park

Third Party - (d) + 1

RolStoppable said:
SuperNova said:

Ok, here we go:

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of the Wild (P)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (P)
ARMS (P)
Splatoon 2 (P)
Mario+Rabbits Kingom Battle (P)
Super Mario Odyssey (P)
Bayonetta 2 (P)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (P)

16 third party games. 5 physical, 13 Digital (1 of the physical ones came with a digital version and the other 1 was a gift after I had bought it digitally already.)

Okay, this is an interesting case.

A boxed game that comes with a download game instead of a Switch game card is something that should be counted as a digital game, because it's the game card that constitutes physical ownership of a game. I'll have to add that to the OP because I forgot about that lame practice of selling boxes with download codes. Thinking further about this, there are scummy practices where only a part of a game is on the game card and the rest needs to be downloaded. Those games I'd count as physical because a game card exists.

If you own a game in both physical and digital format - like in your example because of a gift - then each copy counts as one game.

So in the sum, you own 17 third party games of which 4 are physical and 13 are digital. The box that came with a download code counts as 0 physical/1 digital whereas your duplicate counts as 1 physical/1 digital. Does that make sense?

Makes sense!

I added 2 more Digital third party games.

Steamworld Dig 2 and Blossom Tales (<---This is more as a reference for me, so I know wich games I already reported)

Around the Network

Zelda: BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Doom
Splatoon 2
RE: Revelations
RE: Revelations 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Romancing Saga 2
Sonic Mania
Skyrim
Shovel Knight
Gunvolt Pack

All digital except Zelda.

Super Mario Odyssey (P)

Third Party: 0 games

Super Mario Odyssey (P)
Zelda: Breath of the Wild (P)
Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (P)
Splatoon 2 (P)
Kirby Star Allies (P)
Bayonetta 2 (P)
Fire Emblem Warriors (P)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (P)
ARMS (P)
Pokken DX (P)

For third-parties, I have very few games. I can only think of three off the top of my head [Bayonetta (P), Super Bomberman R (P), Yooka-Laylee (D)]. That number will more than triple this year with Yokai Watch, The Snack World, South Park and some other releases. I’ll probably get Skyrim and Doom, too.

Super Mario Odyssey (P)

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (P)

Splatoon 2 (P)

Fire Emblem Warriors (P)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (P)

1 2 Switch (P)

Arms (P)

Kirby Star Allies (P)

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (P)

Third Party Games Physical: 1 Digital: 0

Physical
Zelda Breath of the Wild
ARMS
Kirby Star Allies
Splatoon 2
Digital
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario Oddysey
Formerly
Mario Rabbids (Physically)

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?