By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - things to do before New Game+ (SPOILERS - up to end game)

I can think of two things off the bat that will save a lot of time or be beneficial:

1. If you have made substantial progress on Ursula’s questline, finish it to the end to get the key item that unlocks her level 5 skills. Otherwise you’ll have to do the quests over again from the beginning and all your time is wasted.

2. Get all the easy to acquire Overdrive Protocols. It’s probably fastest to follow a guide to show all the chests - particularly if you are stocking up. This is probably less important if you already feel you have more than enough at the time.

3. If you have made lots of progress on Rex’s Scavenger tank, finish it. Rex' scavenger rank resets. Similar logic as with Ursula's quest applies. If you are close to the highest rank, you might as well go for it to obtain all rewards from rank ups. (Credit: Rol)

4. If you haven't completed town development yet, use your money to get it done. Spending money in shops is the quickest way to raise the development level. There are numerous perks that come with shop ownership that are notably beneficial, especially if you reset all characters' level to 1 on a new game+. (Credit: Rol)

Any others? I’ll add them to this post.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 14 March 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Is there really any reason to play NewGame+ aside from wanting to replay the game regardless? More unique blades is whatever, and starting with a ton of stuff already would just make the game uber easy.

RolStoppable said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Is there really any reason to play NewGame+ aside from wanting to replay the game regardless? More unique blades is whatever, and starting with a ton of stuff already would just make the game uber easy.

Well, the new blades are the main draw, but if you don't want to collect them all, then there's really not much of a point to new game+. You keep all of your blades with their unlocked perks and equipped weapons, so the game is easy even if you reset your character levels to 1.

The very few quests that have slightly different outcomes aren't worth it to see them either.

As expected, I enjoyed the game but not enough to commit to another 60+ hour playthrough especially when the game starts off pretty slow. I would've needed significant incentives to replay it, but ahwell. Thanks for the clarification as always!

RolStoppable said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

As expected, I enjoyed the game but not enough to commit to another 60+ hour playthrough especially when the game starts off pretty slow. I would've needed significant incentives to replay it, but ahwell. Thanks for the clarification as always!

I've started a new game+ and after about eight hours I am close to the end of chapter 7. I did a level reset to 1 for all of my characters, but I skipped almost all sidequest up till now. The game is a lot shorter the second time around. Of course it all depends on what you plan to do during new game+.

In the first Xenoblade Chronicles' new game+, I completed playthroughs in 10-12 hours while defeating ~150 unique monsters to pile up affinity coins.

Dang that's fast! I'll probably revisit the game later on then, perhaps even force myself to use Rex and Morag... maybe.