By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Black Desert Online's Offical Xbox website has launched!

Vasto said:

Black Desert Online is one of the most popular mmorpgs in the West.   It has been that way since release.

It ranks as one of STEAM's best sellers and it was already popular before even releasing on STEAM.  http://steamcommunity.com/app/582660/discussions/0/1692659135915888578/

Also if you check Twitch the only mmo that's more popular is World Of Warcraft.

 

It's not towering above the likes of WoW/FFXIV (not using Twitch as the end all to be all) just yet, and it's not exactly been lighting youtube on fire compared to the others out there. 



Around the Network
Chazore said:
Vasto said:

Black Desert Online is one of the most popular mmorpgs in the West.   It has been that way since release.

It ranks as one of STEAM's best sellers and it was already popular before even releasing on STEAM.  http://steamcommunity.com/app/582660/discussions/0/1692659135915888578/

Also if you check Twitch the only mmo that's more popular is World Of Warcraft.

 

It's not towering above the likes of WoW/FFXIV (not using Twitch as the end all to be all) just yet, and it's not exactly been lighting youtube on fire compared to the others out there. 

 

Its not towering above WoW of course. That game is the king of mmos.  I said the only game on Twitch that out ranks Black Desert is WoW.

Black Desert is much more popular than FFXIV.

 

Pearl Abyss started their official service of Black Desert Online (BDO) on January 17th in Thailand and Southeast Asia. The title is being serviced directly by Pearl Abyss, and the company is cooperating with Level Up Games, a partnered local company, for marketing and management in the region.

The very first launch in South Korea was in December 2014, and now BDO is being serviced in 12 different languages across more than 150 countries and 10 regions, including Japan, Russia, NA, EU, and Taiwan. The number of registrations exceeded 3 million in NA and EU, and the title was nominated as the best MMORPG for the years of 2016 and 2017 by MMORPG.com. The title is also planned to launch on mobile and console as well.
Last edited by Vasto - on 16 March 2018

Vasto said:

 

Its not towering above WoW of course. That game is the king of mmos.  I said the only game on Twitch that out ranks Black Desert is WoW.

Black Desert is much more popular than FFXIV.

 

Pearl Abyss started their official service of Black Desert Online (BDO) on January 17th in Thailand and Southeast Asia. The title is being serviced directly by Pearl Abyss, and the company is cooperating with Level Up Games, a partnered local company, for marketing and management in the region.

The very first launch in South Korea was in December 2014, and now BDO is being serviced in 12 different languages across more than 150 countries and 10 regions, including Japan, Russia, NA, EU, and Taiwan. The number of registrations exceeded 3 million in NA and EU, and the title was nominated as the best MMORPG for the years of 2016 and 2017 by MMORPG.com. The title is also planned to launch on mobile and console as well.

Yes, I am very much aware of the Twitch fad when it comes to "most played". We saw this happening with PuB, then FN, but then LoL championships started and well, that become "the most played". You can only be the most played and talk of the town for so long before something else takes the top spot and all the gossip. 

Going by FFXIV's count: 12,074,001

https://ffxivcensus.com/#population

BDO: 17,075 (current) - All time highest peak: 27,969

http://www.githyp.com/black-desert-online-135178/player-count/

When you decide to include Steam chart numbers, it still doesn't manage to add up to going well beyond what FFXIV has. 

 

Also, the game is far from perfect and has had surrounding conflict with players and how the game operates.



Nice waifu.



Chazore said:
Vasto said:

 

Its not towering above WoW of course. That game is the king of mmos.  I said the only game on Twitch that out ranks Black Desert is WoW.

Black Desert is much more popular than FFXIV.

 

Pearl Abyss started their official service of Black Desert Online (BDO) on January 17th in Thailand and Southeast Asia. The title is being serviced directly by Pearl Abyss, and the company is cooperating with Level Up Games, a partnered local company, for marketing and management in the region.

The very first launch in South Korea was in December 2014, and now BDO is being serviced in 12 different languages across more than 150 countries and 10 regions, including Japan, Russia, NA, EU, and Taiwan. The number of registrations exceeded 3 million in NA and EU, and the title was nominated as the best MMORPG for the years of 2016 and 2017 by MMORPG.com. The title is also planned to launch on mobile and console as well.

Yes, I am very much aware of the Twitch fad when it comes to "most played". We saw this happening with PuB, then FN, but then LoL championships started and well, that become "the most played". You can only be the most played and talk of the town for so long before something else takes the top spot and all the gossip. 

Going by FFXIV's count: 12,074,001

https://ffxivcensus.com/#population

BDO: 17,075 (current) - All time highest peak: 27,969

http://www.githyp.com/black-desert-online-135178/player-count/

When you decide to include Steam chart numbers, it still doesn't manage to add up to going well beyond what FFXIV has. 

 

Also, the game is far from perfect and has had surrounding conflict with players and how the game operates.

 

Black Desert is available in 150 different countries.  If you want to believe that BDO has only 27, 969 people playing World Wide then have it.  If you check STEAM's official charts it has those numbers on STEAM alone. 17, 611 playing right now on STEAM and that's not counting the majority that play directly from Kakao Games. This is just NA and not counting other countries.

Final Fantasy is not even in the same league as BDO.



Around the Network
Vasto said: 

Black Desert is available in 150 different countries.  If you want to believe that BDO has only 27, 969 people playing World Wide then have it.  If you check STEAM's official charts it has those numbers on STEAM alone. 17, 611 playing right now on STEAM and that's not counting the majority that play directly from Kakao Games. This is just NA and not counting other countries.

Final Fantasy is not even in the same league as BDO.

I think you're forgetting that FFXIV is also in Asian countries as well as being popular in countries like japan. 



Chazore said:
Vasto said: 

Black Desert is available in 150 different countries.  If you want to believe that BDO has only 27, 969 people playing World Wide then have it.  If you check STEAM's official charts it has those numbers on STEAM alone. 17, 611 playing right now on STEAM and that's not counting the majority that play directly from Kakao Games. This is just NA and not counting other countries.

Final Fantasy is not even in the same league as BDO.

I think you're forgetting that FFXIV is also in Asian countries as well as being popular in countries like japan. 

 

Source? 

I posted mine. 



Taken from Twitch 1 min ago. 



Taken from Steam Charts 1 min ago. 

 

 



Heard about it a while back. How good is it?