By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Copyright Information May Suggest Smash Switch is a Port

Hiku said:

That is interesting. But this is also from Smash 4, and here it does include the "Original game" notice:

So I'm not sure what to make of that.

Which trailer is that from?



Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Or you could easily just point out the different font for the Smash logo they used.

I disagree, it's a new Smash.

New generation = New Smash

...setting aside the fact that it's the same font for the Smash 4 logo, just with the smash logo that makes up the "o" being slightly shifted, legal precedent tends to hold a bit more weight than whether they slightly changed font or not.



MTZehvor said:
Hiku said:

That is interesting. But this is also from Smash 4, and here it does include the "Original game" notice:

So I'm not sure what to make of that.

Which trailer is that from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEJBPMcbRkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t5DetuBMOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tv3w1V5_Mg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3CY31kMJ4

Most trailers include it... Original game refers to the Original IP not the 2014 game, which was developed by Bandai Namco not by HAL Laboratory



heycat said:
MTZehvor said:

Which trailer is that from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEJBPMcbRkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t5DetuBMOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tv3w1V5_Mg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3CY31kMJ4

Most trailers include it... Original game refers to the Original IP not the 2014 game, which was developed by Bandai Namco not by HAL Laboratory

Good to know, thanks for taking the time to inform me. I'm curious as to why the opening trailer wouldn't have had it then.



Should we make a bet ? (Could be a great opportunity ^^)



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Should we make a bet ? (Could be a great opportunity ^^)

I'd be willing to, but with the condition that the game must release in 2018 as stated in the trailer. A big part of my skepticism towards this being a new game entirely is the relatively limited dev/marketing time.



PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm just glad I live to see Links recovery move in the game being his glider to float back to the fighting stage

His recovery will be Revali's Gale. Then he'll float down on his glider .



You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

Original content for the brand, but I'm still on the fence on whether this is a port or a new game



NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]
 

  - Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
 

          

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

MTZehvor said:
Mar1217 said:
Should we make a bet ? (Could be a great opportunity ^^)

I'd be willing to, but with the condition that the game must release in 2018 as stated in the trailer. A big part of my skepticism towards this being a new game entirely is the relatively limited dev/marketing time.

Ok. So should we go for avy or sig control (maybe both) and for how long ?



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

MTZehvor said:

Was rewatching the Smash trailer and noticed something that I thought was interesting, and might suggest Smash Switch is a port (beyond all the other reasons).

Here's the copyright information on the bottom right of the screen from the end of the Smash Switch trailer.

The "original game" text is a bit interesting, as that's not something that normally gets put onto a video game copyright unless it's heavily drawing on a pre-existing game, in the same way a remake or a remaster would. You don't usually need to include copyright information for previous games otherwise. So what exactly is Smash Switch drawing upon so heavily that it would need to copyright? Well...here's the copyright info from the first Smash 4 trailer at E3 2013.

That same © Nintendo/HAL Laboratory, Inc. is listed as the copyright holders in both situations, making it much more likely that Smash Switch is a port, or at the very least, a major expansion of Smash 4.

It's only causs HAL has the rights for Smash so even if they didn't work on Smash 4 they have to be credited for the franchise.