By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - *POLL* Why Dont You Have An Xbox Console?

Why don't you have an Xbox?

Not interested in the games 67 29.91%

Don't like the console 4 1.79%

Don't like the controller 1 0.45%

Don't like MS 20 8.93%

I have a gaming PC 25 11.16%

No money for 2nd/3rd console 12 5.36%

All of the above 11 4.91%

Mixture of the above 44 19.64%

Xbox Owner seeing the results 40 17.86%

Total:224

because.... PC + PS4 ?

Im not really into multiplayer online games, or GaaS.
Plus I like rpgs and jrpgs.

And been with Sony long enough honestly to not want to change anything.
Not sure what Xbox could do to lure a guy like me away from Sony tbh.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 March 2018

Around the Network

Just checking results. I have one for the 4k player.

JRPGfan said:

because.... PC + PS4 ?

Im not really into multiplayer online games, or GaaS.
Plus I like rpgs and jrpgs.

And been with Sony long enough honestly to not want to change anything.
Not sure what Xbox could do to lure a guy like me away from Sony tbh.

Lure you away is next to impossible, but they should at least try to settle for side console, but they offer nothing to even be that.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Exclusives. I have a PS4/PC for third party games, and Switch for its first party output and also multiplats because of portability. I really don't have a single reason to buy a One right now.

I've got a custom PC, so I don't feel the need to grab an X1 that doesn't do what my PC can. That and the game access I have is more wide and plentiful. Mod support is a huge must for me, which is something that all 3 consoles hardly touch upon or support fully, so with that I stick with my custom PC primarily, and use the Switch as a side system for Nintendo/indie titles.

Yes exclusives would be another factor, but since I've got my PC, I'd rather run those exclusives at a higher resolution and fps with mods.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

They just don't have enough good exclusive single player games for as many different styles of games, as other companies do. I've never been completely sold on MS as a brand, either.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 08 March 2018

Their consoles aren't portable, they don't have a lot of interesting games and I don't want to spend money on a second console.

I actually HAVE an Xbox One, but I don't use it:

- The Games on that system don't catch my eye (No exclusives)
- Multiplatform games are better on PS4 (Base model, anyway)
- All the games I CAN get on Xbox I can also get on PC
- I have a PS4, Switch, and a low-end PC to cover me
- The system crashes my internet any time I use it
- Downloads take forever on the system, crippling the internet for hours at a time
- I have to buy batteries for the controller, which gets expensive
- Microsoft pissed me off with their DRM and Launch and Kinect
- Seriously, there are virtually no games on it and none coming out that interest me other than Sea of Thieves

There's really no reason to have an Xbox One unless you're SUPER married to your gamerscore or it's a rare thing where you love Halo/Gears/Forza enough to let them convince you to buy the system.

In the first week of owning a Nintendo switch, I played it more than I have almost 4 years of having the Xbox One. I've literally spent more time downloading updates and firmware and games on my Xbox One than I have playing games on that system.

The controller is nice, but I prefer the PS4's controller. Sure, Xbox One's controller has SUPER nice thumb sticks, but I feel literally everything else is better on PS4. Face buttons, D-pad, the shoulder buttons, the touch pad, and the feel/shape of it. This, combined with the PS4's marginally better base power, means that all multiplatform games are better on PS4 (not PS4Pro vs XboxOneX, because I don't have those, and I'm not gonna buy an Xbox One X for a console that has no games. I'll just stick to my PS4 and get a Pro if I ever get a 4K TV)

So even though I actually do like the console, I do like the controller, and I do think the system has potential, Microsoft isn't supporting it with games so I don't play it. The last 'Xbox exclusive' I had any interest in was cuphead, and I got that on steam. I can even use my Xbox Controller for it!

Mostly because I have a capable enough PC where I can play all (or almost all) third party games, and the console doesn't have enough exclusives to warrant a purchase.

By the way, the same goes for PS4... and we'll see Switch.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

My problem with Xbox was that I never really liked their exclusives, while I always loved Ratchet, Sly, God of War, inFamous and Sony’s more arcadey racing games (ModNation, Motorstorm, DriveClub, etc), so I never had a reason to buy a Xbox, cause third party games were always available on PlaySatation as well. Not to mention it always got much more third party exclusives.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won