By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Announced for Thursday March 8th at 5PM EST

Miyamotoo said:
gentii said:

Another RUMOR for Today Nintendo Direct

I mean CoD BO4 is not even officially announced, so I have hard time beleving it will be announced for first time in Nintendo Direct.

I doubt that's the case as well, but at the same time we should acknowledge that the Dark Souls Remaster got announced first in the Nintendo Direct Mini back in January, so it's not like it's impossible or anything. 

Around the Network

Marcus Sellars is not even an insider.As people say, he either just steal the leaks from actual insider and posts as his own or just straight makes things up.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Is the Black Ops 4 and Crash Bandicoot stuff things that Marcus Sellars is specifically saying are gonna be in the Direct? Or just being announced today in general? 

FloatingWaffles said:
Miyamotoo said:

I mean CoD BO4 is not even officially announced, so I have hard time beleving it will be announced for first time in Nintendo Direct.

I doubt that's the case as well, but at the same time we should acknowledge that the Dark Souls Remaster got announced first in the Nintendo Direct Mini back in January, so it's not like it's impossible or anything. 

Yeah, but DS1 Remaster is remaster and much smaller IP than CoD thats one of biggest IP in world. So I doubt, but I hope he is right again. :D

For people thinking that we may not get anything major in this direct because of E3, remember:

In terms of potentially big titles Nintendo can show, Nintendo already teased:Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4.

Franchises that havent showed up yet but are a no brainer:Animal Crossing and Smash Bros.

There is still whatever project Retro is working on, which most likely will be something ambitious.Other than that there are most certainly new titles and new IPs Nintendo is working on, plus whatever second party title developers end up making.

Even if one or two megaton titles ends up appearing here, Nintendo would still have an arsenal of titles to show at E3.Not saying that it will happen, but I think its fair to expect the unexpected.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

For people thinking that we may not get anything major in this direct because of E3, remember:

In terms of potentially big titles Nintendo can show, Nintendo already teased:Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4.

Franchises that havent showed up yet but are a no brainer:Animal Crossing and Smash Bros.

There is still whatever project Retro is working on, which most likely will be something ambitious.Other than that there are most certainly new titles and new IPs Nintendo is working on, plus whatever second party title developers end up making.

Even if one or two megaton titles ends up appearing here, Nintendo would still have an arsenal of titles to show at E3.Not saying that it will happen, but I think its fair to expect the unexpected.

Information everyone already knows isn't going to change people's minds, well not mine atleast. If you want to expect Pokemon, Smash, Animal Crossing and a Ham Sandwich then by all means! I however try to avoid setting myself up for disappointment, so the only big thing I'm expecting is Fire Emblem reveal.

Nautilus said:

@bolded: you think just a port of the Wii U version or a brand new entry?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Nautilus said:

Information everyone already knows isn't going to change people's minds, well not mine atleast. If you want to expect Pokemon, Smash, Animal Crossing and a Ham Sandwich then by all means! I however try to avoid setting myself up for disappointment, so the only big thing I'm expecting is Fire Emblem reveal.

Im not expecting all of them.I have just listed them to show people even if Nintendo shows something like Retro new project for example or Animal Crossing(dosent need to be one of these titles, its just an example), it dosent mean they dont have anything for E3.Going into this expecting nothing outside of titles either rumored or heavily expected is as foolish as expecting a Ham Sandwich in my opinion.

It might be third parties that pick up the ball, not the direct is listed as a full direct, and they plan to show games for the whole year, so expecting something much better than the mini direct we received in January is reasonable.

JamesGarret said:
Nautilus said:

@bolded: you think just a port of the Wii U version or a brand new entry?

Thats not the point, it was just an example that if Nintendo shows one of these big titles on the direct, they still have stuff for E3.This is the first full direct in God knows how long, and also marketed as one that will showcase games for the whole year.We are bound to get one or two new big titles there, either being full revealed or just teased.(Third of first party, I dont think it really matters)

Nautilus said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Im not expecting all of them.I have just listed them to show people even if Nintendo shows something like Retro new project for example or Animal Crossing(dosent need to be one of these titles, its just an example), it dosent mean they dont have anything for E3.Going into this expecting nothing outside of titles either rumored or heavily expected is as foolish as expecting a Ham Sandwich in my opinion.

It might be third parties that pick up the ball, not the direct is listed as a full direct, and they plan to show games for the whole year, so expecting something much better than the mini direct we received in January is reasonable.

I wasn't responding to that point cause well it's pretty mute. Showing something in this direct doesn't mean it can't still be shown at E3, infact it only means the opposite, that it will definitely show up at E3. Now I ask that you please explain how not setting yourself up for disappointment/setting yourself up to be surprised is foolish.

Agreed this direct should be better than the mini, Fire Emblem alone would make it so to me.