By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Vs. God of War (PS4)

Which one will sell more LT?

God of War (PS4) 6 7.41%

Super Mario Odyssey 75 92.59%

Total:81

What a random comparison

But looking at God of War sales, SMO will most likely win

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Well, there's always a chance for GoW to reach Odyssey numbers, but seeing how it already has over 7 mils in sales with forseeable long legs. It'll be hard to pass. I'm sticking with Mario having the higher LT sales.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

While I'm excited for it, it'd honestly be a big success if GoW4 sold as much as Mario already has in under half a year, let alone lifetime.

Teeqoz said:

You reminded me of this..

OT: Mario. Not even close. 

I gotta say the animation was superb in this, but it was just kind of awkward. I usually love when beloved characters are shown in a less flattering light (such as that famous one of Mario responding to PETA heh), but it seems like they went for the shock and completely forgot the humor in this one lol

curl-6 said:

What the heck is with all these bizarre threads lately pitting two games on different platforms with almost nothing in common against each other? What's next, The Last of Us Part II versus the Labo variety kit? Kingdom Hearts III vs Metroid Prime 4?

If you're going to make a comparison, do it between two games that have a logical connection, otherwise it just comes off and pointless at best and baiting at worst.

I feel some people just want an excuse to have a Sony vs Nintendo war :p 

Around the Network

What will sell more; Splatoon 2 or Detroit: Become Human?

Well Mario won't even outsell Knack =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I will be extreamly pleased if God of War reaches 10 Million. On the flip side, I will not be surprised if Super Mario Odyssey sells more than 20 Million.

Mario is a bigger franchise, and Odyssey is a sequel that has been awaited for 20 years.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

GOW has no chance against Mario. Mario will probably outsell it by a considerable amount

Super Mario Odyssey.