By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why is the United States so segregated?

Seventizz said:

This was ridiculous on a few different levels.  I hope it was a joke.

Out of curiosity, what was ridiculous?  "The greatest American President so far"...I'll agree may be hyperbole but what is wrong with everything else?

Did you read it?  What's not ridiculous about his comments?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
SpokenTruth said:

Do you realize your entire path of debate right now hinges upon the following?

"Systemic racism are the policies, practices, institutions, political and economic structures that are by design beneficial to the race in power while disparaging minority races."

You are thinking by population rather than power which is what the whole damn thing is about.  Do you need it to say......

"Systemic racism are the policies, practices, institutions, political and economic structures that are by design beneficial to the race in power while disparaging races not in power."

Or are you going to try to nit pick something else irrelevant to the issue again?

Do you realise your entire argument is based on racism and ignorance? You're refusing to even acknowledge somebody else's perspective on something solely because of their skin colour.

Who are you referring to? I must have missed something.

the-pi-guy said:
DonFerrari said:
Man just to give a very quick point to guys...
If SJW and NGO doesn't point at "new issues" and just accept that things on political and law is already taken care, they won't have a reason to exist anymore and they would stop making money out of it... so they will keep pushing minorities down, saying indirectly that they are inferior and need protection so they can keep existing.

The issues aren't taken care of.  These issues are documented. Even conservatives in the US confirm these issues, they just disagree why they are happening.  Conservatives in the US tend to blame fatherless black families for these issues. 

Very few people are making money off this, if any are at all. 

These movements are not telling people they are inferior, indirectly or otherwise .

IS there any law, regulation or policy discriminating against minorities? No. Are there some that discriminate in favor of them? There is.

And sorry that you believe people don't monetize and have a well life based on saying minorities are discriminated instead of finding a job and producing something.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Man just to give a very quick point to guys...
If SJW and NGO doesn't point at "new issues" and just accept that things on political and law is already taken care, they won't have a reason to exist anymore and they would stop making money out of it... so they will keep pushing minorities down, saying indirectly that they are inferior and need protection so they can keep existing.

"Rich/capitalist, white, male patriarchy" is code for Jews within some of the Left.

SpokenTruth said: 
Seventizz said:

Did you read it?  What's not ridiculous about his comments?

Well, I did ask you first.

"Hopefully ... an African-American becomes President in 2020"

Either he thinks African-Americans inherently make better Presidents than white/asian/hispanic people or he's playing the averages with a sample size of 1. Both are pretty racist.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

VAMatt said:

There absolutely, definitely is a historical racism issue that still effects black Americans (and, to a less extent, other minorities) today.  No question about it.  Just like there are still rich Rockefellers riding off of the money their family made 6-8 generations ago, so to are there poor people stuck in the lack of education/poverty spiral.   

With that said, that fact, in and of itself, says nothing about racism in the USA today.  

PSintend0 said:

Strong division between poor and rich is linked to racism. Poor neighbourhoods having darker people and rich neighbourhoods being more whitish doesn´t help to eradicate racism, it makes it more difficult. In the past some thought that darker skin made you less of a human and that justified slavery. The present is build on the past.

VAMatt said:

Yeah, that's what I just said.

I meant that part. I think that it definetely in and of itself also says something about racism in the USA today. Things that happened in the past have long lasting effects.

The spiral of poverty/lack of education doesn´t have to be that strong. Education can be made free for people and be payd from taxes so it helps to even things out and create more equal opportunities (same thing for healthcare).

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Him not having done research on the matter is purely an assumption on your part, not as if he should really need to though, the burden of proof should lie on the one claiming something exists. I just can't get over how ridiculous it is to dismiss somebody's opinion on something just because they haven't "experienced it". Do you also think only those that claim to have seen ghosts are worth listening to when discussing the existence of ghosts?

And I proved it exists already.  As for the ghost example, only if the experience of ghosts are a condition of something (race, age, gender, etc...) and that those outside that condition are incapable of seeing them.  Consider this, if only green people see ghosts and a purple person says ghosts don't exist, how likely are you to consider the experience of purple people for the existence of ghosts?  Not their research of ghosts but their experience with them as grounds for their dismissal of their existence.

Pyro as Bill said:

Either he thinks African-Americans inherently make better Presidents than white/asian/hispanic people or he's playing the averages with a sample size of 1. Both are pretty racist.

Or he's hoping for someone very opposite of Trump.  If I said I'd like to see a female president in 2020...am I being sexist?  Or am I, like he, simply looking for something more progressive?  Something not the status quo?  Something socially positive? 

Gotcha, A black or a woman is more socially positive... white man are very negative.

But we aren't racist over here.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SpokenTruth said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Him not having done research on the matter is purely an assumption on your part, not as if he should really need to though, the burden of proof should lie on the one claiming something exists. I just can't get over how ridiculous it is to dismiss somebody's opinion on something just because they haven't "experienced it". Do you also think only those that claim to have seen ghosts are worth listening to when discussing the existence of ghosts?

And I proved it exists already.  As for the ghost example, only if the experience of ghosts are a condition of something (race, age, gender, etc...) and that those outside that condition are incapable of seeing them.  Consider this, if only green people see ghosts and a purple person says ghosts don't exist, how likely are you to consider the experience of purple people for the existence of ghosts?  Not their research of ghosts but their experience with them as grounds for their dismissal of their existence.

Pyro as Bill said:

Or he's hoping for someone very opposite of Trump.  If I said I'd like to see a female president in 2020...am I being sexist?  Or am I, like he, simply looking for something more progressive?  Something not the status quo?  Something socially positive? 

Affirmative action is the last thing you need for the highest position in the world.  The best ‘person’ for the job is the only way to go and with Trump, the position has been appropriately filled.  He’s done more good for the average American than Obama has done in 8 years.  That is simply a fact.

’progressive’  Get out of here with that crap.

SpokenTruth said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Pyro as Bill said:

Guys, Dark_Lord_2008's posting history suggests that he's said everything on every spectrum.

TheLastStarFighter said:
“In Brazil we don’t have black neighbourhoods, we have neighbourhoods filled with black people.” I think that sums up the ridiculousness and ignorance of this thread.

Agreed.  There are a bunch of people talking about life in the USA that seem to get all of their information from movies and TV.  

PSintend0 said:

The spiral of poverty/lack of education doesn´t have to be that strong. Education can be made free for people and be payd from taxes so it helps to even things out and create more equal opportunities (same thing for healthcare).

Unfortunately, it is not possible for healthcare or education to be "made free".  They come at a cost.  The only thing that government (or any other entity) can do is make other people pay for my healthcare or education.  They can't make it free.  

It should also be noted that public education is already 100% taxpayer funded up through the 12th grade.  It comes at zero out-of-pocket cost to the recipient.  Beyond that, for the very poor, higher education is also available at or near zero out of pocket cost.  The same is true of healthcare for the very poor.