By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

TheBlackNaruto said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I'm saying it has both ports and new games. 

But for some reason people seem to only count "new" exclusive games, ignoring the fact that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is one of the best selling Switch titles and the same goes for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It doesn't matter in the slightest if it's also available on the Wii U. It's driving console sales. 

There's a nice variety of good upcoming games for the Switch: 

- South Park: Fractured But Whole
- Kirby: Star Allies
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Dark Souls: Remastered
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Crash Bandicoot: N'sane Trilogy
- Octopath Traveler
- Okami HD
- Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
- Super Smash Bros. for Switch
- Hollow Knight
- Inside
- Undertale
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- Valkyria Chronicles 4
- Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
- The World Ends With You: Final Remix
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
- Dead Cells
- Mega Man 11
- Wolfenstein 2
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Expansion
- Pillars of Eternity 2

Bolded = new

What people? Because this is literally my first time hearing this or even hearing that ports don't sell consoles in regards to the Switch. Now I could have missed it or maybe it was only like 1 or 2 folks and that's why I never saw it.

If this is your first time hearing it than you havent been in any Nintendo discussions lately.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Looks like Nintendo underestimated the demand for Kirby. They need to get some copies over to Amazon ASAP!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Smash Bros is the one selling the consoles, not Kirby.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Lets not forget there is more games in the top 10 now so Switch being 12 and 13 might be doing better than top 10 last month.

Well shoot, Kirby is at 74 metacritic right now i think that's not a really good thing for it sales.

Not sure it will be the best selling kirby games now since it won't have much of a good impression. Dammit Hal Laboratory kirby games are so easy to make just make them harder ugh.

Last edited by xMetroid - on 14 March 2018

alejollorente10 said:
Smash Bros is the one selling the consoles, not Kirby.

Or maybe its both

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:

Lets not forget there is more games in the top 10 now so Switch being 12 and 13 might be doing better than top 10 last month.

Well shoot, Kirby is at 74 metacritic right now i think that's not a really good thing for it sales.

Not sure it will be the best selling kirby games now since it won't have much of a good impression. Dammit Hal Laboratory kirby games are so easy to make just make them harder ugh.

I was hoping it would hit around 80. I had a feeling that this wouldn't do as well critically as the past few entries. From the first trailer it just seemed kinda dull, I've never been a fan of platformers that focus too much on co op.

pikashoe said:
xMetroid said:

I was hoping it would hit around 80. I had a feeling that this wouldn't do as well critically as the past few entries. From the first trailer it just seemed kinda dull, I've never been a fan of platformers that focus too much on co op.

It looks even better than past kirby games. I think that its just not ambitious enough to meet the quality that switch games have put as a standard since release. Hooefully kirby is the only cause most franchises need that reboot.

zorg1000 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

What people? Because this is literally my first time hearing this or even hearing that ports don't sell consoles in regards to the Switch. Now I could have missed it or maybe it was only like 1 or 2 folks and that's why I never saw it.

If this is your first time hearing it than you havent been in any Nintendo discussions lately.

I usually check a few of them but still. I have never seen anyone ONLY count exclusive games or have never saw anyone say ports don't sell consoles. Maybe I just be missing stuff lol.

OT:

Yeah Nin is on fire with the Switch! Very strong representation on Amazon!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Interesting, Nintendo launched a $9,99 product for Labo that contains stuff to decorate your creations (nintendo stickers etc) and it's already number 72. I think they are unto something. Labo might become a big line of it's own product.

Kirby , come back soon !