By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Bernie Sanders fined for accepting payments from an Australian political party

Birimbau said:

Leftists are the best in making charity with other people's money while keeping their own money safe.

Leftists "people with a lot of plans of what to do with other people money"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

$25,000? They might as well have paid him in Minties.

People who conflate Russia with Australia are idiots.
With that out of the way... We are an ally.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were Americans have who made political donations to Australian parties over the years, we are countries that work closely together in almost every aspect from trade to defense to intelligence, we share a common history, have cultures that blend together in many aspects.

However... If Trump is going to be blasted for receiving donations, then so should all politicians in the USA.
Hold them all to the same standard or not at all.

Often I see double standards from both sides of the American political divide, it's hilarious to watch though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Sorry guys I was drunk. I thought i was buying the recipe to KFC's secret herbs and spices from the Colnel himself.

$25,000 seemed like a bargain price to pay at the time.

25k makes up about what, .0001% of Senator Sanders' total campaign spending?

Oh, the horror. The fine is justified of course.

Around the Network

Dissapointing to hear, though seven volunteers from Australia seem to be largely inconsequential.

SpokenTruth said:
So a donation from an ally is now equitable to collusion with an enemy?

Foreign money in US elections is illegal.

Who is that 'enemy'?

SpokenTruth said:
numberwang said:

Foreign money in US elections is illegal.

Who is that 'enemy'?

The one that just released a video showing nuclear missiles hitting my state.

Good thing the warmongering Bush/Clinton establishment were unable do drag the US into another war.

irstupid said:
xbebop said:
ITT: People equating Australia and Russia. Really grasping at straws here, guys.

Just a heads up, but the recent Mueller's report that came out said that the Russians did try to sway the election by helping some candidates in the 2016 election.

They did so by Facebook ads, ect. Not by actually hacking polling booths. Also the candidates that were helped where no coconspirators. They didn't cooperate with Russia. Russia did this on their own.

The two candidates that were helped where:

1. Trump

2. Sanders

So, whether you want to equate Australia with Russia or not, Sanders received help from Russia AND money from Australia.

You do realize that multiple members of Trump's campaign team have already plead guilty to various crimes, more are being investigated, and soon Kushner and Ivanka are likely going to be indicted too? Multiple members of his team have incredibly suspicious ties to Russia, Trump himself is highly indebted to Russian oligarchs, and Trump seems to have a relatively close personal relationship with Putin (and Putin may possibly have blackmail material on Trump). This investigation isn't just about Russia's involvement in the election, it's now about Russia possibly having compromised the entire executive branch.

ironmanDX said:
Where's Hillary's fines for rigging the primaries?

Politics is a farce in the US right now. Many people are considering Oprah, a talk show host to run? What a joke. I wouldn't worry about Russia, China or North Korea. You're imploding already....

Because there isn't conclusive proof of it, sadly.