By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Detroit Become Human Releases May 25th

Definitely getting this

Around the Network

With GoW and this released before E3 makes me wonder what else Sony has in stores.

should've put Kara on the box art

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
epicurean said:
I feel like this game will not sell well unless reviews are glowing (above 90). I did like Heavy Rain but for some reason have no inclination to play another game like it. But, certainly, I could be in the minority. Hopefully I'm wrong and people love it.

These types of games will always be niche or low sellers. Now that we've seen games like TT: The walking dead games progressively lose their audience, it might be a sign that story heavy, point and click, QTE style games are falling out of favor. It's all just rambling in my part but I think TT burned this type of thing into the ground.

OT: Sony is spacing out games beautifully. Dissidia NT in january (albeit, not that big of a deal), SotC in february, Ni no kuni in march, god of war in april, detroit BH in may and spiderman in june (i think)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Wow, end of May is pretty stacked now. As for Spider-Man would be cool if that is released in June, but i expect it in September

Around the Network

In the Detroit thread on Era, Shinobi said Spider-Man may come out before Fall. So, I can see a June release for it.

Good that the dates are finally coming.

Areym said:
epicurean said:
I feel like this game will not sell well unless reviews are glowing (above 90). I did like Heavy Rain but for some reason have no inclination to play another game like it. But, certainly, I could be in the minority. Hopefully I'm wrong and people love it.

These types of games will always be niche or low sellers. Now that we've seen games like TT: The walking dead games progressively lose their audience, it might be a sign that story heavy, point and click, QTE style games are falling out of favor. It's all just rambling in my part but I think TT burned this type of thing into the ground.

OT: Sony is spacing out games beautifully. Dissidia NT in january (albeit, not that big of a deal), SotC in february, Ni no kuni in march, god of war in april, detroit BH in may and spiderman in june (i think)

To me, it means the story has to be truly amazing or it falls flat. Until Dawn found a niche for itself, but didn't that even have more gameplay elements? I did really like the story of Heavy Rain, but not enough that I felt it was "must play".

I haven't been keeping track of the previews, though - maybe it does have more game play than past entries. Or something that mixes it up more. Or maybe more people like these types of games than I anticipate.

I do hope it's done well, though, and that people that are looking forward to it are pleased.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

great news, seems sony is starting to counter nintendo switch, and making the way free for big announcements at e3, go sony😁

The first half of 2018 is getting stacked for PS4.

I'm picking this up for sure once I get my PS4.

Based on gow and Detroit release dates, the Spiderman release date I will predict is June 29th. A month after Detroit, but still in the first half of the year.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

what i wonder is that they didn't release a new trailer alongside the announcement of the release date, like they did with god of war, but maybe we will get it at a later time