By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby Star Allies demo out now on the eShop. Edit: (The demo just got datamined)

Edit: The demo of the game just got datamined and lots of things have been discovered, not gonna post the whole thing here, lots of spoilers in it(I think?). I looked it up cause I'm fine with spoilers on platformers.

Here is the Kirby:SA demo datamined link.

Last edited by Sunstrider - on 10 March 2018

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Looking forward to play the demo tonight!

I don't know if it was traffic, but I had to re enter the eshop a couple of times just to search for the game.

Nice, I'll try it out later.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'll have to try this tomorrow, need to sleep.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Is it coming to N. America too ?

Plz, tell me it is !!

Probably, but it takes 5 minutes to make an EU account, that's what I did when i woke up and saw it was only on the EU shop. It's just overall helpful to have a US, EU, and JP account. 

Mar1217 said:
Ljink96 said:

Probably, but it takes 5 minutes to make an EU account, that's what I did when i woke up and saw it was only on the EU shop. It's just overall helpful to have a US, EU, and JP account. 

Yeah, I'll dig as soon as I'm home.

Is it currently out ?

Yup, it's about 30 minutes long, so it's a pretty beefy demo for a platformer. A sign of good things to come in terms of overall playtime/value.

Making an European account as we speak.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

It seems like a really fun platformer for multiplayer sessions. Any impressions / opinions about the demo ?

Rogerioandrade said:
It seems like a really fun platformer for multiplayer sessions. Any impressions / opinions about the demo ?

The demo is pretty good overall. It has 2 stages made up of spliced areas from other stages in the full game. Just to get a taste of some of the environments. Gameplay is smooth, the only issue I had was Jump was A and Attack was B, which in Kirby games is kind of strange, but there will be control options in the full release. The graphics are insanely gorgeous for a 2D platformer, sound/music is as catchy as ever. Mixing abilities is overall fun, at times it's tedious but very solid. 

The main issue I, and many others have is the loading screens between subspace doors, it gets kinda annoying. They're about 2-5 seconds long depending on how large the next loaded stage is, and it can break the flow at times. Hopefully Nintendo ends up patching that up in a quality of life improvement update or something. Still, I wasn't initially going to buy it day 1, but after playing the demo, I had to pre-order it. 60 bucks seems a bit steep at the moment, but Amazon and Best Buy's discounts should have you covered.