By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - KH3 versus FFVII remake

In the critic department, KH III easily.

In the sales department, FF VII IF its released as three parts.Otherwise it will also be KH III.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I'm more excited for KH3 cause i know its coming and will be complete.

FFVII is obviously something i dearly wished for, but this format of 3 episodes doesn't allow me to really be excited cause i know things will be cut short before they climax.

Well, Kingdom Hearts 3 is a new game and Final Fantasy 7 has been out for twenty years so... I'm gonna go with Kingdom Hearts 3.

shikamaru317 said:

Release first: KH3 

Reviews: KH3

Sales: KH3 beats the bestselling FF7 Remake game, but not the combined sales of all 3 games

What do you base that on?

FF7 sold almost 10 million. The best selling KH is  6.5m. I would be really surprised if KH3 outsold FF7.

FF7 meta is on 92%, Kingdom hearts best is 2 with 87% according to Gamerankings and metacritic.

I think it would be pretty surprising.

its not really a comparison i was expecting to see. although they do both have confusing development histories.

KH3 gets announced as the end-all game the Kingdom Hearts series, gets preceded by 2 remakes and a remaster, and gets delayed multiple times, only having small bits of footage from Japanese builds of the game as any form of news.

FF7 gets announced and shown off one year only to be left in the dark, later sparking a rumor that it might consist of multiple games and not just one, then everyone forgot, and now its back in the dark.

i honestly have no idea what to expect from either of these games, review-wise or sales-wise. i will say i am anticipating KH3, even if it means I'll have to dig out my Xbox One to play it.

Around the Network
Nem said:
shikamaru317 said:

Release first: KH3 

Reviews: KH3

Sales: KH3 beats the bestselling FF7 Remake game, but not the combined sales of all 3 games

FF7 sold almost 10 million. The best selling KH is  6.5m. I would be really surprised if KH3 outsold FF7.

FF7 meta is on 92%, Kingdom hearts best is 2 with 87% according to Gamerankings and metacritic.

SE had the golden goose egg with FF7R, and they fumbled that immediately by releasing it in parts and changing the battle system after the one in 15 had such mixed reception.

Pretty sound basis from my perspective.

KH3 has nothing on FF7

shikamaru317 said:
Nem said:

A few factors:

Sales

-KH3 is on an extra platform, at release at least (FF7R is a timed exclusive but we don't know how long the wait will be for other platforms or what those other plartforms will be yet). XB1 version of KH3 probably won't be a huge seller, but considering FFXV has sold well over 1m on XB1 with digital (at least 1.3m), it's safe to say KH3 will do 750k+ on XB1 at least.

-Some people will inevitably wait for all 3 parts of FF7R to release in the hopes of getting a single bundle with all 3 parts for a good price, which will hurt the sales of the first 2 parts initially at least.

Reviews

-I think critics aren't going to be too happy about the shift from active time battle to full action combat in FF7R, which will hurt the reviews. I also think KH3 will be the best reviewed in the series.

Huh... i don't think being on Xbox will make a big difference, as you have pointed out. Looking at the best sellers KH3 has to grow 4 million.

Both FF7 and KH were platform exclusives aswell.

The only point i concede is that we don't know what effect the episodic structure will have. 

As for the review issue, i wish it were true and they had slammed FFXV for it aswell. But, they didn't. FFXV was an incomplete broken game with one detached "continent" for a world and the most basic "stand behind and hold the button" combat and still got 80 something on metacritic.

I would also add that the possibility of star wars and marvel additions to KH3 could have an impact aswell, but we don't know of anything yet. 

Not even a debate and I worship KH since its my #1 favorite gaming series.... FF7R.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
KLAMarine said:

10/10?

Your obsession with me because of that comment i made LIKE A FUCKING YEAR AGO is amazing dude, your feelings still hurt with that ? Still bait provoking me with lame quotes ? Time to move on with your life dude its getting sad and i am starting to feel pity.

Wat? All I did was ask a question, where is all this coming from?