By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if? Chrono trigger

Pinkie_pie said:
Remake dragon quest 11 style and exclusive to playstation

Why make a remake of it exclusive to just one console and nothing else?.

It makes no virtual sense to make it exclusive at this point.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Remake but keep it cell shaded like Ni No Kuni.

A sequel. Chrono Cross is a sequel like it or not, so a sequel to that.

And for all you Serge haters, I don't get it. Cross introduced the multiverse and confirmed there being multiple other dimensions aside from the two you explore, Radical Dreamers being one of them. It would be easy to pull the original cast from that multiverse in a reality where they are still alive.

Cross is real, stop with the retcon begging (not directed at anyone inparticular, I just hate when haters tey to discredit Cross).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

A sequel set in the CT world. When the game 1st teased the sequel, I was so excited to eventually see that. Chrono Cross was not what I had in mind though....

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

i would like a sequel, hoped always for a new one, remember the time where SE trademarked crono break

Around the Network

I don't want a sequel. No matter how good it turns out, it won't be able to replicate the quality of the original, too much time has happened. A remake with HD sprites like Octopath would be nice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

A remake with HD sprites, not, I repeat, NOT with cheap 3D models like the Secret of Mana remake.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 28 February 2018

Signature goes here!

BraLoD said:
Fuck it and gimme LoD!
Chrono Trigger already got a sequel, don't be greedy!

That doesn't even make sense, it's not the same companies.

I'd like either a conservative remake or a distinct sequel.

A lot of Chrono Trigger's qualities come from its graphics. And I don't just mean that the sprites are pretty, though they are. I mean that the way the sprites portray the world from a 3/4 view allow players to both easily navigate environments and determine how attacks based on positioning and proximity will work out. I suspect that a switch to 3D models, even if it looks great, could make the game play worse. HD sprites are a perfectly good alternative.

If we did get a sequel, I'd honestly not play as the old gang again. Part of me felt that Trigger closed most of its own loose ends, and even though Cross went into alternate timelines, I would prefer having a new cast if we go into a new sort of time travel or dimensional concept. Even if the game aimed for a tone and style like Trigger, I would like there to be some new ideas explored. For all the trash I've given Final Fantasy, I like how they can revisit similar ideas using a different setting and characters.

Note: I haven't ever gotten around to finding and playing a copy of Chrono Cross, partly because it didn't sound like I'd enjoy it based on what I'd heard.

Love and tolerate.

How about a remake on the Octopath-engine?