By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed, best looking Wii title yet!?

Oh Nazna you're always such a bright beam of sunlight.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
Woohoo 3 free VC games. Unfortunately Rol, to get a game from you all I have to do is change the region setting on my Wii. Thanks for your generosity everyone.

I guess you'll win the bet due to the tricky wording in your post. It seems even if the Wii version looks like that, it doesn't count, if the current screens weren't taken from the Wii version. Since you are so sure that the Wii version can't look like that, are you willing to accept that I (and the others) can win the bet if the Wii version matches (or exceeds) the quality of the currently available screens?

ohh. didn't think about that particular wording. I'd say as long as they look the same it doesn't matter of these specific screenshots are from the Wii.

You posted this screen Rol when accepting my bet, saying you expected it to match or exceed. I'm fine with using this screen as the marker for our bet (when comparing it to IGN's Wii screens whenever they put those up). That okay with everyone?

I liked mine better as that was actually from the magazine in question, however, I do not see any difference in detail with Rol's and mine. See link below.

http://medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/screenshot_8338.jpg

Actually, mine might look better. :) 

WHAT? I ACCEPTED THE BET FIRST!!!!!!!!!!! I USED ALL CAPS EVEN!

Around the Network

If the game was being developed by anyone else than Sega I would take the bet. I will wait for game footage. Even so I hope fazz is right, I would love to see some crow banquet.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

We can use yours instead or in addition to Superchunk. In fact, how about we just use both (that way we have more than a single point of reference). Anyone have a problem with twesterm as a judge in this instance? He's an actual video game developer so I'd say he counts as expert testimony. I've had him judge issues like this in the past (like when Legend claimed the SSBB screens were pre-rendered).

The Ghost of RubangB said:
WHAT? I ACCEPTED THE BET FIRST!!!!!!!!!!! I USED ALL CAPS EVEN!

And didn't anyone else know that Nintendo updated the, at first largely Gamecube SDK based, Wii SDK with the stuff they developed in Brawl and Galaxy? You heard it here folks!

I accepted first, then superchunk accepted, then RolStoppable accepted.

Then fazz said he WOULD, but I believe the 3 slots were taken?

The Ghost is accurate, but I guess that's up to Naznatips.