By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Your top 5 Music Artists/Bands of All Time

Slap&Ride said:
Errorist76 said:

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a musician myself and can appreciate all kinds of music...except for Blümchen and Vocal House maybe....I was just expecting a bit more...out of line. 

Now I see that You are from Germany... no wonder Blümchen was a red flag for You  (hahahahaha - I'm just ashamed of myself;)

Hahaha no need to...we have much more trashy German/Euro junk from the 90ies and we actually like to listen to stuff like this sometimes as well...when we’re very drunk preferably ;))

Thx for the tips. I know Mr. Bungle and Fantomas...you seem to be a Mike Patton fan :)

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 28 February 2018

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Errorist76 said:
Bit disappointed actually. ..I somehow hoped to learn about some great, new music. Instead everyone here seems to be living in the past.

I keep all new songs I like in Youtube playlists per year. Maybe there are some songs in there that you'll like.

2017: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNovsTnjHunr3V6GcWRaYHUfqWaKtw0lS

2018: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNovsTnjHunrp7x9B75ZdGi-TSWI76jb8

It's mostly indie & rock.

Thx man, I’ll give it a listen.

I'll go with the artists for which I have the most plays on Last.fm:

1. Madonna - Admittedly, it's been a while since I've truly obssesed over one of her albums (last one would be Confessions on a Dancefloor) but there's no denying her 30+ years of pop goodness.
2. Metric - Canadian indie rock band that I love to pieces. Emily Haines' voice puts me in a trance.
3. No Doubt - Their return album was "meh" but I still love this band. Tragic Kingdom and Return of Saturn are among my favorite albums ever
4. P!nk - Bad ass, authentic, fun, incredible performer, pop music with something to say
5. Muse - The trio of albums - Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations - won't ever be beat.

Out of these 5, No Doubt are the only ones I haven't seen live.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 28 February 2018

Signature goes here!

1 The Beatles
2 Rolling Stones
3 Led Zeppelin
4 Bob Dylan
5 David Bowie

(

but in my heart:

Sam Cooke / Edith Piaf / Frank Sinatra / U2 / The Kinks / Mozart / Radiohead / Johnny Cash / The Velvet Underground / Primal Scream / Simple Minds / Echo and the Bunnyman

)
Last edited by INCITATUSBR - on 28 February 2018

I'm surprised that here are people who love the combination Nightwish/Avantasia/Edguy.

Well.... here we go

1. Nightwish
2. Avantasia
3. Sigur Rós
4. Vangelis
5. Kitaro

The first 3 Coldplay albums are also timeless. The last 4 are pretty bad. That's why I don't count them to my top 5 artists anymore.

Around the Network

1. Michael Jackson
2. The Beatles
3. Queen
4. U2
5. Stevie Wonder

Too hard to choose all time favourites. Too many artists I like and my tastes change over time.
If I had to choose which artits I currently like the most, I'd say Rush, Pink Floyd, Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, Area, Pat Metheny.

Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd

1: Michael Jackson
2: Stevie Wonder
3: The Jacksons
4: Brothers Johnson
5: Dr Dre

And I could go on and on, like Daft Punk, Snoop Dogg, Prince, The Beatles, Delegation, The Whispers, Shalamar, Rick James, Madonna or Justin Timberlake.

And I recently discovered Tuxedo, which makes the greatest music of the 2010's.

My Top 5 Artists:

1. David Bowie
2. Elvis
3. Elton John
4. Michael Jackson
5. Prince

Last edited by Dark_Lord_2008 - on 29 June 2018