Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 4 pictures on IMDB Page

What will we see at E3?

30 second teaser trailer 4 22.22%

2 minute cinematic/gameplay trailer 11 61.11%

long trailer/short demo 1 5.56%

long trailer/expansive demo 0 0%

nothing from Metroid Prime 4 2 11.11%

Total:18

Checked out Metroid Prime 4 on IMDB and ran across these photos.  Does anyone know where they came from and are they just fan art or past game drawings?  The first picture in particular is intriguing.

Last edited by super_etecoon - on 24 February 2018

Around the Network

I have a hard time believing these are true.

mZuzek said:
The first one is some random mockup that I'm not even sure was supposed to be related to Metroid.
Second one is some random fanart.
Third one is Ridley's render from Prime 3.
Fourth one, no idea.

Thanks.  I figured they weren't real since I hadn't seen them yet or didn't recognize them.  I'd imagine any sort of Metroid Prime 4 imagery at this point would blow up parts of the internet and you wouldn't be able to miss them.

Fourth one: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Aazelion

mZuzek said:
The first one is some random mockup that I'm not even sure was supposed to be related to Metroid.
Second one is some random fanart.
Third one is Ridley's render from Prime 3.
Fourth one, no idea.

Fourth one is some creature on the Planet Phaaze that latches onto you with his long tongue when you're jumping down a chasm.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Mostly fan art, you can tell because if it was official Samus' outfit will be a lot more colorful... also probably have her in a action pose of some sort.

RolStoppable said:

The first image was taken from the Nintendo On video, a mockup of Nintendo Revolution which was the codename for Wii.

The scene for the image is at 6:05.

So glad that never came true.  

RolStoppable said:

The first image was taken from the Nintendo On video, a mockup of Nintendo Revolution which was the codename for Wii.

The scene for the image is at 6:05.

What's shown at 6:05 is not the same as the IMDB image. Close-ish, but clearly different.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RolStoppable said:
COKTOE said:

What's shown at 6:05 is not the same as the IMDB image. Close-ish, but clearly different.

Might be a few seconds before 6:05. I didn't watch the video in its entirety, but the Metroid portion of it is around 6:05.

No, you nailed the time in the video, and I did look to see if there was another Metroid bit somewhere else. It's just different. Both the environment and the HUD.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
RolStoppable said:

Might be a few seconds before 6:05. I didn't watch the video in its entirety, but the Metroid portion of it is around 6:05.

No, you nailed the time in the video, and I did look to see if there was another Metroid bit somewhere else. It's just different. Both the environment and the HUD.

I watched the entire video and didn't see the image either.  I'm certainly in agreement that these images are probably just fan and fan concept art.  But I don't think the Nintendo On video is the source.  Was still fun to watch the video for a trip down memory lane.  The Wii, warts and all, is so much cooler than what we got from that video.