By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells a million in its first week

m0ney said:

The main man behind this game Daniel Vavra was also the main behind one of my fav games Mafia (2002).

Yeah man...that alone was reason enough for me to back the game on Kickstarter. Very happy it paid off! 

Around the Network

I went to buy the game from gamestop and it was sold out. They said they had issues in ordering more. I went to walmart and it was out too. In a last ditch effort before I bought it digitally, I went to a gameover and the last copy was there. Looks like the game is popular where I live. I bet it would have sold more if copies were available.

Aeolus451 said:

They think gamers want simpler rpgs and they give it to 'em.

Well looking at Skyrim sales compared to previous entries in the series or to other franchises in the genre, i would say they were right.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I am waiting for the game to be better optimized for the ps4.

zorg1000 said:
Aeolus451 said:

They think gamers want simpler rpgs and they give it to 'em.

Well looking at Skyrim sales compared to previous entries in the series or to other franchises in the genre, i would say they were right.

Not necessarily. They are an old publisher and that IP has been around for a long time. They have a very loyal following and there's virtually no competition with a similar style rpg except maybe now. They would have to release old style elder scrolls to test it though or this new game will have to sell very well.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
zorg1000 said:

Not necessarily. They are an old publisher and that IP has been around for a long time. They have a very loyal following and there's virtually no competition with a similar style rpg except maybe now. They would have to release old style elder scrolls to test it though or this new game will have to sell very well.

Sure, it was a very successful franchise before but there is no denying that Skyrim pushed the franchise into the mainstream and helped pave the way for the genre as a whole.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Hearing so much about this game and seen some stuff and I want to get it but seems like something to wait for a patch or two.