By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Weekly, 23rd December 2017, Software and Hardware

I think it's safe to say that Mario + Rabbids and Pokken will both outsell ARMS and 1-2 Switch. I don't know when Pokken will (relatively soon though, at least), but Mario and Rabbids should beat them both before February. Granted that their legs will sustain after the holiday season.

That will be the inaugural of third-party software beating out Nintendo's first-party games in terms of sales. Though these games still derive from Nintendo IPing to sell. I was hoping Skyrim could do better, but this, this is fine for now. Both it and FIFA should hit 1 million this year.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bonzobanana said:
Switch hardware sales very impressive. Japan and US have really taken to the console.

OTBWY said:
The Switch did really well during the holidays. Americans really love the console. Europe really needs more attention from Nintendo, still.

Nintendo divides their sales into 3 regions, Japan, Americas & Other. Here are the sales from each region.

Japan-3.72 million

Americas-5.94 million

Other-5.20 million

Switch has been doing very well in every region.

What is the population of Japan, 200 million? US 350 million? Europe is 750 million, India is getting on 1.5 billion, China 1.5 billion, rest of Asia, Africa etc. That other is basically a huge chunk of the world population and still less than how many have sold in the US probably although I don't know how many have sold in South America, central America and Canada. That other bit might represent over 6 billion people. That works out less than 1 in a thousand buy a Switch in the other region. I suspect only Europe is really significant in the other region and still represents a small number for 750 million people. However the important thing in any comparison is how are competitors doing and clearly the PS4 is doing huge numbers in Europe and continues to do so where as Switch sales are at at a much lower level in comparison. It's doing ok but I certainly would not compare it to the success of the US and Japan which are doing brilliantly for Nintendo. I guess the only good thing is the potential for improvement in the other region is huge.