By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Fans will decide what next Remake will be

The Fury said:
Er... we don't want remakes. We want new games?

I think they are missing something.

The majority of eleven pages would indicate that "we" do want remakes.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Final Fantasy Tactics would be number 1 for me but Chrono Trigger or FF6 would be awesome as well

Ganoncrotch said:
FFXV

If this was a joke, i laughed. Though remake like a complete do-over. xD

Hiku said:

FF8 in that case.
FF6, and especially Chrono Trigger made the most out of the 2D pixel technology of the time, but FF8 looks pretty rough when it comes to the 3D models. Not as bad as FF7, but still.

Plus, a lot of people either didn't like the Draw system, or didn't fully understand that you could get magic in other ways, like dismantling cards.
So it would be nice to see a revamped system.

The design problem was deeper than that. Yes, draw was extremely boring, but your stats were boosted by the magic you aquired. If you used it, you would lose stats. The game was so badly designed it incentivated you to not use any magic at all unless you were in the final boss.

So, yeah, that would definitly need a redesign.

But, honestly, FF8 wasn't very noteworthy (and that moment in the basketball field where they realised they knew each other from childhood but the summons were making them forget has been scarred in my mind), so, while i'd buy it if they made it, i don't think it would make sense to remake it before Xenogears/Chrono Trigger/FF9.

I think they first have to get FFVII remake out of the way. You can't just hype the remake at E3 2015 and keep teasing that its still happening with not much progress notes.

I think the use of the Octopath Traveler engine will be fascinating, especially for older games like DQ and FF.

Xenogears and Saga should be interesting, though they were originally developed by those of Monolith Soft, which is owned by Nintendo. So, unless the developers give their blessing and allow Square to let someone do the remake on whatever console, those games are likely to be on the Switch more than the other consoles due to the connections with Monolith Soft.

Around the Network

FF8 and FF9.

Kyuu said:
Azuren said:

I liked that. It matches the original art style better than realism does.

I can see where you're coming from and am glad you're enjoying it. But there are infinite shades between realism and chibi you know. I'd prefer a colorful 2D remake over cheap 3D like Secret of Mana, FF3/4 DS, etc.

Acevil said:

I hope for enhanced port, hell, just plain port. I dislike the chibi remakes. 

Likewise lol. A 2D remake in the vein of FF4 The Complete Collection would be amazing, but I'm good with a translated straight port.

Honestly, I'd probably love it if it was photorealistic, too. I just like Mana. It's the first really good ARPG.

Last edited by Azuren - on 26 February 2018

Azuren said:

Sure, you guys want them to take what you love about a game and 'remake' it so it's not the same game, ala FF7? Over just making a new FF game?

If they are going to make a remake, remake FF6 just an exact gameplay replication just updated graphics but I'd prefer they spent their time making new games. New stories and stopped relying on nostalgia.

Hmm, pie.

I'd love Parasite Eve 1&2.

The Fury said:
Azuren said:

Sure, you guys want them to take what you love about a game and 'remake' it so it's not the same game, ala FF7? Over just making a new FF game?

If they are going to make a remake, remake FF6 just an exact gameplay replication just updated graphics but I'd prefer they spent their time making new games. New stories and stopped relying on nostalgia.

Yes, I would love to experience the old games in new ways. It's like getting your first playthrough again.

And I would prefer to rebuild FFVI from the ground up like VIIR. If you want the same game, then play the old game.