By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A VGC Encyclopedia/Wiki?

So, from what I know, we don't have anything like this for the site. However, I think it'd be funny/interesting if someone were to make one Especially some of the older users here with vast knowledge of the site's history that could write about the older users or incidents that occurred.

Around the Network

Seems like a lot of effort..

If this was a year ago, I would have considered it :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

someone created one when I was on the Sega forums, lots of laughs and drama from it xD

RolStoppable said:
I eagerly await to read an essay about how the Greatest User Tournament 2014 was rigged.

Well, who better to expose it than the winner himself!

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Didn't you just claim the 2017 one was rigged too? Maybe they're all rigged :O

It's a simple numbers game, Ka-pi. When each round has anywhere between 30 to 50 votes in total, a group of only 6 to 10 people can already control 20% of the votes. While that's not enough to guarantee an outcome, it's enough to skew the outcome because many rounds are rather close to begin with.

I want to do an experiment for GUT 2018. I want to see if we can get Libara to win, particularly because he almost never posts on the site and is thus an unknown to many people, but he is fairly well-known among the Discord users. I think that would be a good way to put this theory into practice.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 22 February 2018

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I want to do an experiment for GUT 2018. I want to see if we can get Libara to win, particularly because he almost never posts on the site and is thus an unknown to many people, but he is fairly well-known among the Discord users. I think that would be a good way to put this theory into practice.

You're saying you're going to attempt to rig it in order to test a theory about it being rigged?

Well, all the previous winners have at least been fairly well-known on the site, unlike Libara. So, it would be the best way to test it.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's a great way to make yourself popular. Openly talk about plans to rig the contest and completely ruin it.

On a more serious note, examining the past would not only be a faster method, but also make you less of a jerk.

Well, the thing is, the GUT is determined by nothing other than popularity as a metric. So is it really rigging it if it's within the rules? Mind you, this is just an idea, rather than something that would ever feasibly come to fruition, because there'd have to be a certain amount of people actually willing to do it in the first place, and I assume that won't happen.

This isn't an auxiliary thread for discussing the GUT, stay on topic please.

In any case, I had wondered about making a Wikia on it before, but I decided against it because there was no way I was willing to put in the effort to do that.

RolStoppable said:
RavenXtra said:
This isn't an auxiliary thread for discussing the GUT, stay on topic please.

You mean we can't discuss VGC history in a thread about VGC history?

In your case it's whining, so no.