By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 sales

On November 11, 2006, Sony released the Playstation 3 to the entire world. It was to be the most graphically impressive, technologically advanced video game console the world had ever seen. It had a built in Blu-Ray player. Each dual-layered, Blu-Ray disc, held a maximum storage capacity of 52 GB, which far exceeds that of an HD-DVD disc. It supports full 1080i, and 1080p. And, its graphics rival, or exceed that of the Xbox 360. Sales on the device would defeat the Xbox 360 in Japan, however, it was doomed to compete in the rest of the world. With almost no games coming out, the Playstation 3 is often criticised as a failure.

The Xbox 360 was released almost a year before the Playstation 3. Although sales were strong in America, and other parts of the world, its sales in Japan were very poor. Although not technologically superior to the Playstation 3, it makes better use of its hardware, is easier to program with, is cheaper, and has a far better library of games. To keep production costs low, Microsoft did not include a built in HD DVD player in the console. Instead, a seperate HD DVD player could be purchased.

Right now, the Playstation 3 is not looking too well, but after its most anticipated games are released, all that could change. After the Playstation 3's biggest games are released, will the Xbox 360 continue to dominate over the most powerful video game console of all time?

Around the Network

got a link

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/playstation_3_vs_xbox_360/page7.asp

Yes, alex...that's Wikipedia.  What do you want us to do on Wikipedia, alex?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wikipedia? I never mentioned anything about Wikipedia.

Around the Network

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

What's so funny?

Can an admin take away his abillity to make threads? It's not that they are bad ones, no more so than a lot of the other threads that even I make. But he has made about 50 of them in one day. I don't think it possible that he has been outside all day. I am worried about him. Alex, it's for your own good. Turn off the computer and leave the room. There is nothing else for you here. Not today atleast.

I'll let the other thread die in peace, and I'll lock this thread, because you made me look dumb.

Seriously, editing your posts to exploit old posts isn't cool.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )