By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - >90 METACRITIC: The Nintendo Switch has more Games than PS4 and XB1 together (First Year)

Looking at all these lists makes me realize that Switch simply had the advantage of dropping into 8th Gen when it was in full steam.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
RJTM1991 said:

Well done and all, but 4 of those games are ports.

Disagree.

Bayonetta 2's combat was toned down to the point where you could die, replay, and still walk away with a Gold or Platinum medal. It also didn't have anywhere near the amount of secrets, unlockables or easter eggs that the original had.

Always believed that it was viewed so highly mainly due to it being a Nintendo exclusive.

Sorry but that is bullocks the combat in B2 is well above the original to the point you actually have to use a variety of weapons to achieve Platinum in different missions it also has far more combat tech in it, in B1 you could go the whole game using one set of weapons and get pure platinum just fine because combat and weapons weren't balanced in B2 you have to actually make an effort to utilise other weapons this is why a number of high level B1 players would run into a wall in certain B2 missions. It did have the same amount of unlockables and secrets that's just plain untrue.

No it didn't. Bayonetta 1 had phone boxes where you could input codes and unlock the best weapons. It was packed with easter eggs. With Bayonetta 2, you unlock just about everything once you complete the game.

The original game was challenging as well, Bayonetta 2 was a walk in the park.

Bayonetta 1 + 2 now is at 89.

Technically Grand Theft Auto V released in the second year of the PS4.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Technically Grand Theft Auto V released in the second year of the PS4.

Well, depending on where you live in the world. But i would be inclined not to count it and go by where the console released first.

Around the Network
RJTM1991 said:
Wyrdness said:

Sorry but that is bullocks the combat in B2 is well above the original to the point you actually have to use a variety of weapons to achieve Platinum in different missions it also has far more combat tech in it, in B1 you could go the whole game using one set of weapons and get pure platinum just fine because combat and weapons weren't balanced in B2 you have to actually make an effort to utilise other weapons this is why a number of high level B1 players would run into a wall in certain B2 missions. It did have the same amount of unlockables and secrets that's just plain untrue.

No it didn't. Bayonetta 1 had phone boxes where you could input codes and unlock the best weapons. It was packed with easter eggs. With Bayonetta 2, you unlock just about everything once you complete the game.

The original game was challenging as well, Bayonetta 2 was a walk in the park.

Phone codes to unlock things doesn't equal more it's a short cut which they removed in B2 because it negated the point of playing the game the second game has just as much if not more than the first game (characters to unlock, costumes, weapons, challenge missions, modes, multiplayer battle missions etc..) sorry but what you posted there is untrue and B2 is easily harder than the first game the first game the enemies can't even hold a candle to the ones in the second, the Lumen Sage fight in the second game game even be touched by any fight in the original just from his AI alone.

COKTOE said:
Oh god, I hope a rogue black hole passes by and swallows the Earth, just to give this thread the ending it deserves.

LOL

Azuren said:
Looking at all these lists makes me realize that Switch simply had the advantage of dropping into 8th Gen when it was in full steam.

I tried to explain this with my other post in this thread.

In the OP we just see a sign of what jumping to new technology brings. The Switch is kind of ancient in terms of software tech. And i am sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is the reality. And i am not trying to downplay anything nintendo has done either, but most of what they did in botw for instance you can trace back to half life 2 days where it was 'new' tech. 

I think this brings a much more interesting discussion about what is more important though. The tech or the games?

In my opinion i think tech has an immeasurable importance and i am forever grateful to Sony for pushing the tech as far as it can go on their commercial platform.

So Rayman Legends got a 90 on PS4, but 'only' a 84 on Switch? Why te bi discrepancy? The game is fantastic.

Yay! Go Switch! The Wii U wasnt that "pointless" afterall xD

Pocky Lover Boy!