By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - School Shooting in South Florida

super_etecoon said:
jason1637 said:

It's part of the bill of rights. 

Could you educate the poster on what the bill of rights states?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

"Why haven't the states banned guns"

The reason is the second amendment of the US constitution.  The US is not Australia and never will be.

Amendment, huh? So it could be amended again then.... right?

In theory, yes, but in all likelihood, no.  Not in our lifetime, at least if I have any say about it.

Ka-pi96 said:
Nighthawk117 said:
What legislation could have possibly prevented this?

A near total ban on guns except for farmers/hunters who still have heavy restrictions on owning guns and how to store them?

That's what we've got in the UK. Look at our school shooting statistics in comparison. We may have 1/5th the population... but do we have 1/5th the number of school shootings? Nope, due to the gun control legislation we have we have MUCH less than that. The US has had 18 so far this year, while our last one was in 1996. And guess what happened after that? Gun control legislation! And in the near 22 years since then... 0 school shootings. So gun control legislation can prevent shootings like this!

"A near total ban on guns except for farmers/hunters who still have heavy restrictions on owning guns and how to store them?"

And how do you draw the line between a farmer/hunter and a city person? It's impossible in my opinion.

Nighthawk117 said:
super_etecoon said:

Could you educate the poster on what the bill of rights states?

Could you please quote here the relevant section?

up to 17 dead now from this, can't even imagine what it's like for those familys sitting down at dinner tonight across from an empty seat at the table :(

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

How can there be 18 shootings in 2018 alone? Surely that can't be right. It's been like a month and a half into the year.

If that is true, how is this only being reported now? What are they doing to control this? Those statistics would suggest there's been at least a couple of shootings every week. This is a horrific tragedy and out of control. Children should not have to fear for their wellbeing going to school.

super_etecoon said:
Nighthawk117 said:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[92]

The Second Amendment protects the individual right to keep and bear arms.

UltimateUnknown said:

How can there be 18 shootings in 2018 alone? Surely that can't be right. It's been like a month and a half into the year.

If that is true, how is this only being reported now? What are they doing to control this? Those statistics would suggest there's been at least a couple of shootings every week. This is a horrific tragedy and out of control. Children should not have to fear for their wellbeing going to school.

Sometimes, bad things happen to good people.

Nighthawk117 said:
super_etecoon said:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[92]

Aha...I knew there was an important part of that amendment that needed to be stated.  Thanks for helping our foreign brothers and sisters understand the language that is used to allow hobbysists and enthusiasts the opportunity to possess weapons of warfare.

super_etecoon said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Aha...I knew there was an important part of that amendment that needed to be stated.  Thanks for helping our foreign brothers and sisters understand the language that is used to allow hobbysists and enthusiasts the opportunity to possess weapons of warfare.

My pleasure.  And no criminal/robber/thief will ever threaten/steal/extort from fucking Nighthawk117 and his family.