By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo platform introduced the best Nintendo IPs?

Tagged games:

Which Nintendo platform introduced the Best IPs?

Arcade 2 2.50%

NES 58 72.50%

Gameboy/Gameboy Color 1 1.25%

SNES 7 8.75%

N64 5 6.25%

Gamecube 3 3.75%

Gameboy Advance 0 0%

DS 2 2.50%

Wii 0 0%

Switch 2 2.50%

Total:80

It's obvious, NES

Around the Network

Wow and people get defensive when you say that Nintendo relies too much on old IP's. Compare it to Sony's thread.

Nes any other answer is wrong

PEEPer0nni said:
Wow and people get defensive when you say that Nintendo relies too much on old IP's. Compare it to Sony's thread.

meh I reckon Sony doesn't cuz of the ips started on ps1 only gran turismo stood the test of time and remained popular

Baddman said:
PEEPer0nni said:

meh I reckon Sony doesn't cuz of the ips started on ps1 only gran turismo stood the test of time and remained popular

Uncharted and Infamous were more popular with each release didn't stop Sony from giving them creative freedom.

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:
Baddman said:

Uncharted and Infamous were more popular with each release didn't stop Sony from giving them creative freedom.

...Thats fine but nothing you said contradicts what I said

IP introduced during NES (especially if you count the Famicom)

Super Mario
Duck Hunt
Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Tetris
Kirby
Dr. Mario
Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest
Metal Gear
Castlevania
Mega Man
Fire Emblem
Famicom Wars

Need I go on?

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 12 February 2018

Technically Duck Hunt predates the NES it was a based on a old projector game from 1976 Nintendo made.

Switch

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Switch

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.