By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Prediction League what feature would you like to see incorporated?

Machina said:
I feel like you intentionally chose an example week where you did well and I did terribly ^_-

I second PDF's concerns, and would add one of my own - it was actually really hard to not make a hefty winning each week, regardless of accuracy. Hopefully we can come up with calculations that balance incentivising people to take part with actually needing to be accurate to get a good pay-out.

By being slightly above the average prediction, you would indeed recieve a positive payout, so while you did make money there were people who were losing money.

We could look at the option to remove negative outliers that wont count towards the average for example don't count the 10% furthest off

EDIT : i'm going to take this week again

the interesting thing here is that Nights, DMC and the xbox 360 had an average of 0% accuracy so even with 10% accuracy on those you would get a payout, with a high bet about and for example 60% you could get a huge payout.

Which is what you probably remember.

The top predictor from this round put 1000vg$ on the xbox 360 and had an accuracy of 78% (vs. average 0% ) and 140 vg$ spread over the other options. His profit of 992 vg$ could just aswell be read, purely based on his xbox360 accuracy and bet amount

Last edited by kirby007 - on 11 February 2018

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Any feedback will be looked at, can't promise it will be implemented tho!

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:
Any feedback will be looked at, can't promise it will be implemented tho!

This is more of a general question/improvement suggestion rather than specific to the league but... is there any actual rewards or things we can spend our VG$ on? I mean, it's always more interesting if you actually get a proper reward at the end rather than just a higher VG$ amount that can't ever be used for anything.

you mean like the points displayed below our profile picture? TBA

PDF said:
Another issue with vg$ was waiting for payouts. I used to have to skip rounds waiting to get my money back. I think that could even be worse now that the numbers are further behind than they used to be.

Good point!! i was having the same problem with my limited budget of VG$. I was thinking of getting on one line with the person who does all the number updates at the moment and see if i can get more insight on the exact schedule. Possible solutions otherwise could include : keep rounds longer open or start them even after the week has past but before the release of the numbers on VGC itself.

and maybe even see if there is anything left of the orginal data which allowed the updates 1/2 weeks after the actually week instead of 1-2 months later

frankly and this is my personal opinion :  a preorder chart is great but if the preorderchart is released in februari about numbers in december why even publish it.
I assume it has to do with accuracy versus speed, where back in 2006-2010 it was all about VGC having the first numbers with adjustments afterwards, currently its later and still adjustment are needed

Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:

you mean like the points displayed below our profile picture? TBA

heh, yeah sure

i'll toss in the suggestion of being able to buy supporter with Vg$ or something along those line

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:

i'll toss in the suggestion of being able to buy supporter with Vg$ or something along those line

I would have preferred a VG$ to US$ converter.... but that would work too I guess

Man that would be along the lines of 1.000.000 vg$ = 1 zimbawan dollar

TalonMan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I would have preferred a VG$ to US$ converter.... but that would work too I guess

I do know there will be some badges available for purchase, at some point...   ...beyond that (and the obvious bragging rights), I'm not sure what else is in the future for VG$. Obviously there will not be a cash pay-out, so you can forget that possibility - hell, most of us that are doing actual work on this website, don't get paid!!!

I'm sure we'll come up with some ideas, once we get caught up with the hundreds of other fixes and improvements we're trying to get finished. :)

you did look at the sheet !!! :)

PDF said:
I just noticed $VG was listed back on profiles. I don't look at my own profile much so I think this new and I assume this is a sign PL is moving forward.

I have 25k but I imagine new users will complain about the unfair advantage us older member have.

Is it really? Back then new users had also less then nordlead, oliist and you. But point taken.

And yes we are moving forward but slow and steady. You'd have a laugh if you would see what happens to a round once i filled in games and hardware