By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro-Style FPS Dusk

For all those people that bitched about the new Quake.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
vivster said:

There was a new Quake?

Quake Champions.

It looks cool, but then again so did STRAFE

CaptainExplosion said:
vivster said:

There was a new Quake?

Yes, Quake Champions. That game is still in it's early access phase as well, although it hasn't implemented bots and doesn't have anything of a single player mode. I like the new Quake, but it's sorely lacking in content and proper match making (getting pitted against Veteran Quakers is definitely not fun), so Dusk will likely gain more attention from me once it's finished, though I'm not a huge fan of episodic content. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CaptainExplosion said:
Chazore said:

Yes, Quake Champions. That game is still in it's early access phase as well, although it hasn't implemented bots and doesn't have anything of a single player mode. I like the new Quake, but it's sorely lacking in content and proper match making (getting pitted against Veteran Quakers is definitely not fun), so Dusk will likely gain more attention from me once it's finished, though I'm not a huge fan of episodic content. 

It's gonna be another multiplayer only game? -_-

Why shouldn't it be?
You have Doom and Wolfenstein for singleplayer.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Just found this on Steam.

Apparently it's in early access as of about a month back, and from the looks of things it's a shooter inspired by the original Doom, with a bit of Quake thrown in.

Looks promising to me, how about you?

Yep, looks like Quake 1.  Assuming I can get some friends to play with, I'll probably pick it up.

CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, but Quake has been like that for some time now and doing an SP Quake would basically make it another DOOM clone, but with an even weaker storyline, which is likely why we aren't seeing a single player 20+ hr campaign driven Quake title. 

We still need Arena shooters. We need an actual good arena shooter to gather people back to the scene, but so far, the vast majority of them have all failed.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, but Quake has been like that for some time now and doing an SP Quake would basically make it another DOOM clone, but with an even weaker storyline, which is likely why we aren't seeing a single player 20+ hr campaign driven Quake title. 

We still need Arena shooters. We need an actual good arena shooter to gather people back to the scene, but so far, the vast majority of them have all failed.

I'd like to see Quake return to the Cthulhu-inspired setting of the first game.

CaptainExplosion said:

Even Overwatch?

Overwatch is an objective based game, not within the same vein as Quake/DOOM which revolves around direct competition with other players.

I wouldn't even call, let alone see OW as essentially "Quake" but with pixar graphics. 

CladInShadows said:

I'd like to see Quake return to the Cthulhu-inspired setting of the first game.

I'd like for the two devs teams to actually churn out maps that call back to the first and second game, but I have no idea what is going on with them atm, outside of hitbox and netcode patches. We haven't seen new weapons or content for months now. I'm still waiting for them to add in bots to play with, since that gives me much more breathing room to train with. All I'm stuck with currently, is getting my ass constantly handed to me by Quakers who have dedicated their entire lives to playing just oldschool Quake/DOOM, which gives me no room to improve let alone stand a chance against them.