By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro-Style FPS Dusk

caffeinade said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It's gonna be another multiplayer only game? -_-

Why shouldn't it be?
You have Doom and Wolfenstein for singleplayer.


Because it's pretty much a fuck you to people who can't get friends over to play with.



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

It's gonna be another multiplayer only game? -_-

Yeah, but Quake has been like that for some time now and doing an SP Quake would basically make it another DOOM clone, but with an even weaker storyline, which is likely why we aren't seeing a single player 20+ hr campaign driven Quake title. 

 

We still need Arena shooters. We need an actual good arena shooter to gather people back to the scene, but so far, the vast majority of them have all failed.



               

Chazore said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It's gonna be another multiplayer only game? -_-

Yeah, but Quake has been like that for some time now and doing an SP Quake would basically make it another DOOM clone, but with an even weaker storyline, which is likely why we aren't seeing a single player 20+ hr campaign driven Quake title. 

 

We still need Arena shooters. We need an actual good arena shooter to gather people back to the scene, but so far, the vast majority of them have all failed.

Even Overwatch?



Chazore said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It's gonna be another multiplayer only game? -_-

Yeah, but Quake has been like that for some time now and doing an SP Quake would basically make it another DOOM clone, but with an even weaker storyline, which is likely why we aren't seeing a single player 20+ hr campaign driven Quake title. 

 

We still need Arena shooters. We need an actual good arena shooter to gather people back to the scene, but so far, the vast majority of them have all failed.

I'd like to see Quake return to the Cthulhu-inspired setting of the first game.



CaptainExplosion said:

Even Overwatch?

Overwatch is an objective based game, not within the same vein as Quake/DOOM which revolves around direct competition with other players.

I wouldn't even call, let alone see OW as essentially "Quake" but with pixar graphics. 



               

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:

I'd like to see Quake return to the Cthulhu-inspired setting of the first game.

I'd like for the two devs teams to actually churn out maps that call back to the first and second game, but I have no idea what is going on with them atm, outside of hitbox and netcode patches. We haven't seen new weapons or content for months now. I'm still waiting for them to add in bots to play with, since that gives me much more breathing room to train with. All I'm stuck with currently, is getting my ass constantly handed to me by Quakers who have dedicated their entire lives to playing just oldschool Quake/DOOM, which gives me no room to improve let alone stand a chance against them.



               

Chazore said:
CladInShadows said:

I'd like to see Quake return to the Cthulhu-inspired setting of the first game.

I'd like for the two devs teams to actually churn out maps that call back to the first and second game, but I have no idea what is going on with them atm, outside of hitbox and netcode patches. We haven't seen new weapons or content for months now. I'm still waiting for them to add in bots to play with, since that gives me much more breathing room to train with. All I'm stuck with currently, is getting my ass constantly handed to me by Quakers who have dedicated their entire lives to playing just oldschool Quake/DOOM, which gives me no room to improve let alone stand a chance against them.

I haven't even played Champions yet.  I assume I'll get annihilated when I do?



Chazore said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Even Overwatch?

Overwatch is an objective based game, not within the same vein as Quake/DOOM which revolves around direct competition with other players.

I wouldn't even call, let alone see OW as essentially "Quake" but with pixar graphics. 

Then what about Titanfall 2?



CaptainExplosion said:

Then what about Titanfall 2?

Call of Duty with mechs.

You have an odd definition of what an Arena shooter is.



               

Arena shooters are things like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, etc.