By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition releasing PS4 and Switch in May

Some console exclusive content too, its been on PC since December I think. From what I read about it is that art style is just dreadful. And looking at gameplay...... I agree. It starts out really slow and kind of boring but once you get past that its a decent game..... Doesn't live up to the Harvest Moon name though.

I should probably also mention that this is no longer the classic Harvest Moon series that is now Story of Seasons

Last edited by cycycychris - on 07 February 2018

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

I cant get past the graphics.... looks too much like a bad mobile game.

Compaired to Stardew Valley (charm & charisma):

JRPGfan said:

*snip*

Compaired to Stardew Valley (charm & charisma):

*snip*

I've not played either games..... But yeah people should definitely go for Stardew Valley. And only go for this Harvest Moon game if they want to fill the dating/farming/life simulator urge with another game.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Wonder what "special" content they'll be releasing. Considering most content eventually gets spread around in the end.

a mobile game that was a knock-off of the real HM games, then terribly ported onto steam and charged $30, then put onto consoles and marked as "special edition". this game isnt even dead, it was never alive to begin with

Around the Network

I think I'm going to have wait for Marvelous to bring out a real Bokujō Monogatari game. Which was formally localised in the west as under the "Harvest Moon" title but is now localised in the west under the "Story of Seasons" title.

Last edited by Green098 - on 07 February 2018

JRPGfan said:

Bleh. Talk about soulless art direction.

I only ever liked Back to Nature.

This is definitely more a switch type game than a PS4 type game.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I've only played the Harvest Moon spinoff called Innocent Life way back, but this lack of good art direction... looks like a bootleg version of Farmville to me.