By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus: Official Colossal Photography thread

I pressed pause on the Colossus, such epic fights.

Around the Network

They did such an excellent job on the smoke and sand effects. These 2 fights were a bit 'exposed' in the ps3 remaster, revealing the simplicity of the effects. In the remake it all blends perfectly and you can't spot the difference between the static sand and layered wave effect.

Noobie said:

Shadow of the Colossus has one of the most unique and amazing art styles. with it releasing in few hours, its time to create a thread to share some great scenery of this beautiful title. 

Tip: try to keep 2 photos per post at most. Just so that if there are still people with low-speed internet, they can also enjoy it. :)

Very nice screenshots here! love the ps4 share button.

Would be cool if Ni No Kuni 2 gets such a "thread" in march too =) And God of War or Yakuza 6 in april. Many beautiful games are coming.

Around the Network

SvennoJ said:

this atmosphere !! thanks for your screenshots.

KazumaKiryu said:

this atmosphere !! thanks for your screenshots.

This isn't even on any path to a colossus, just wandering around off the beaten path. There is one of those new collectibles hidden under the water there. They are hard to find, I only found 5 so far.

CGI-Quality said:
Some really nice screens in here. I won't have many, being that I hate how they lose quality in the transfer from the Pro, but still, wonderfully done! A few I'll snap up for the Main 2018 Graphics Thread.

Yeah, they lose a lot without HDR. I add 15% contrast on average to fix the washed out effect from the conversion.
Or is it my laptop that does that? Does PNG store HDR values or is it just 8 bit?