By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Puyo Puyo Tetris almost sold 1 million on Switch

This game is awesome and everyone should try it. Also everyone I know who played this thinks is awesome. Even people who don't game! I am not surprised by these sales. I hope this convinces Sega to bring more of their classics on the Switch. Maybe something like Monkey Ball or some Dreamcast titles?

Also the game is perfect for the Switch. You can play two players right out of the box and getting two more controllers is not as expensive as other consoles. If someone else has a Switch then all you need to do is bring their pair.  This game is so fun on 4 players. On par with Mario Kart and Bomberman.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

The thing is, i hope companies understand that if old ports like this can sell millions, a new game of this sort can sell even more.

xMetroid said:
Alkibiádēs said:
It sold near a million combined on all consoles, but Switch version sold the most. You need to edit the title and OP.

Are you sure ? Every sources i see is saying Switch only. 

Yes, see the thread on resetera.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

xMetroid said:
The thing is, i hope companies understand that if old ports like this can sell millions, a new game of this sort can sell even more.

I just hope its not like a Wii situation.

"Wow look at how good these old ports are selling, lets use the profits to fund our over budget AAA games on PS/XB/PC!!!"

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
xMetroid said:

"Wow look at how good these old ports are selling, lets use the profits to fund our over budget AAA games on PS/XB/PC!!!"

Right! But i think Switch might end up like a savior for some games that do not perform well on other platforms and it's a really good idea. Like TEW2 for instance. But i think we will get some exclusives as well seeing how well M+R is performing and its not like they announced 2 years prior and marketed the snickers out of it. 

But anyway, Nintendo has only 1 child to take care of now so in the worst case scenario, we will start seeing more games late 2018/2019 to give studios time to get to the Switch.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
zorg1000 said:

Right! But i think Switch might end up like a savior for some games that do not perform well on other platforms and it's a really good idea. Like TEW2 for instance. But i think we will get some exclusives as well seeing how well M+R is performing and its not like they announced 2 years prior and marketed the snickers out of it. 

But anyway, Nintendo has only 1 child to take care of now so in the worst case scenario, we will start seeing more games late 2018/2019 to give studios time to get to the Switch.

Savior might be pushing it lol

But I see your point, Evil Within 2 & Prey both underperformed for Bethesda last year and based on sales of the Skyrim & DOOM ports, they may see an opportunity to get a an extra few 100k sales from each game by porting them to Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Glad to see this announcement. Every third party title that gets praise for its success can only be of benefit.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

But 3rd party games dont sell on Nintendo platforms! :)

Nintendo Switch is selling like hotcakes digital then?

Great news

Switch!!!

Well, that's great news.

This reminds of when Capcom said that street fighter V shipments were "approaching 2.5M", but when their press release came just came out a week ago, they just hit 2 million.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.