By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch eShop charts, January 27th - February 2nd 2018

Doom is back ^^

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
flashfire926 said:
“The Switch version of Celeste has sold the most, and that’s what we were expecting. We feel like Celeste and the Switch are a perfect fit for each other. We are glad we launched on all consoles though, and we really appreciate the support we’ve seen across the board.”

https://www.destructoid.com/celeste-sold-best-on-switch-according-to-its-creator-486075.phtml

It was obviously gonna be the best-selling version, but here's the confirmation nonetheless.

I hope big publishers finally realize that third party games can sell well on Nintendo consoles, but only when the games appeal to them. 

Something like Fifa will never sell millions of copies on a Nintendo console, but that doesn't mean third parties are doomed on Nintendo consoles. Make appealing products and you will reap the rewards. It also helps that the games Nintendo fans like don't require huge budgets like a lot of AAA franchises on the HD twins. 

Maybe Online multiplayer focused games (like Splatoon and Rocket league) will do well on the Switch? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Thanks for bringing this back! I missed it for the past few weeks.

Always interesting to see the different types of games that sell each week on the eShop--a good mix of new releases & those that have been out for a few months, first party/third party/indies, and popular and not-so-well known games (Earth Wars?).

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

I wonder how much is Stardew Valley going to do on the Switch. I don't think it has left the Top 10 since launch. Can it outsell all the other versions? Can it outsell all the other versions COMBINED?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Minecraft still in the top 10.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I wonder how much is Stardew Valley going to do on the Switch. I don't think it has left the Top 10 since launch. Can it outsell all the other versions? Can it outsell all the other versions COMBINED?

I don't think it can. Not sure about the other platforms, but on Steam that game is pretty massive.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Damn, Sonic Mania has longer legs than I expected