Nah, it's a 3D Donkey Kong 5 19.23%

Dunno.... er... Maybe? 2 7.69%

Struggling here. Somethin... 0 0%

Dunno, we shall see. 2 7.69%

None of the above 1 3.85%

Yes and they had better i... 1 3.85%

Nope, they've been abducted by aliens. 2 7.69%

Total:26

Btw, i'm not talking about a Smash port but a built from the ground up, totally new Smash.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
twintail said:
I mean ... sure.

I dunno... the game would be good but its not what I think Retro should be doing.

Well, i'm not saying i think they are or i think they should. I'm saying it would explain what they have been up to and exploring the possibility, seeing what the community thinks.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:

Well, i think most of us on here are of the opinion they are competent they would be able to pull off a great Smash and there's speculation that Smash is being prepared for the rollout of online.

I actually agree with you that whatever has been announced + Animal Crossing/Pokemon would be enough this year but it would be great to have at least 1 1st party surprise at the direct and "BOOM" type surprises are always welcome at E3.

Of course they're talented enough to make the game. 

I think Pokemon would be surprising, even though it's been speculated to high hell it would be pretty earlier in the Switch's life. I do think we'll get a total surprise, but it will be a new IP.

Inb4 we get to know that retro spent the last four years making funky Kong mode for dkctf, and that they're just starting a new project that will take years to do.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
peachbuggy said:

Well, i think most of us on here are of the opinion they are competent they would be able to pull off a great Smash and there's speculation that Smash is being prepared for the rollout of online.

I actually agree with you that whatever has been announced + Animal Crossing/Pokemon would be enough this year but it would be great to have at least 1 1st party surprise at the direct and "BOOM" type surprises are always welcome at E3.

I think Pokemon would be surprising, even though it's been speculated to high hell it would be pretty earlier in the Switch's life. I do think we'll get a total surprise, but it will be a new IP.

Personally, i'm a massive pokemon fan, so would rather it was more polished and dropped into 2019. I don't think Nintendo need it to sell 20m next fiscal year. Even if they are struggling, it can be dropped in Mar. '19, so it could possibly be a late rescuer of that fiscal year,  anyway. Also 2018 is a bit early for a new gen of pokemon. Gen 7 would be cut off a bit short.

Around the Network

I’d rather see Retro making their own IP.
Intelligent Systems has Fire Emblem and Monolith has Xenoblade Chronicles.
I want to see what the developers at Retro can come up with themselves, especially being Nintendo’s main (and only to my knowledge) Western Development Studio.

flashfire926 said:

Inb4 we get to know that retro spent the last four years making funky Kong mode for dkctf, and that they're just starting a new project that will take years to do.

I hope not, fellow avatar!

peachbuggy said:

Yeah, Pokemon's debut on each respective console has always been 2 to 2 and a half years after the system launch. So by that gauge, it would seem Pokemon  would be most likely for a Holiday 2019 release. The only thing that makes me think it could happen this holiday is Nintendo's crazy sales expectations for this year. It seems like a goal they would only set if they knew they had their biggest gun hitting, which is certainly Pokemon. 

Anyways, I definitely want Retro's game to be a new IP. Would be awesome to see them take a stab at a western RPG. Either that or a more realistic shooter. 

Last edited by HyrulianScrolls - on 02 February 2018

HyrulianScrolls said:

Yeah, Pokemon's debut on each respective console has always been 2 to 2 and a half years after the system launch. So by that gauge, it would seem Pokemon  would be most likely for a Holiday 2019 release. The only thing that makes me think it could happen this holiday is Nintendo's crazy sales expectations for this year. It seems like a goal they would only set if they knew they had their biggest gun hitting, which is certainly Pokemon. 

Anyways, I definitely want Retro's game to be a new IP. Would be awesome to see them take a stab at a western RPG. Either that or a more realistic shooter. 

Well, i think 20m is easily achievable without pokemon, depending if LABO becomes massive or depending what else is announced. I can see Nintendo holding Pokemon in reserve, only bringing it out in March (Late fiscal year) if they are struggling to  meet the target. For Nintendo to release pokemon, they need to make sure they have the supply first. Lots of it!

twintail said:
peachbuggy said:

Well, i'm not saying i think they are or i think they should. I'm saying it would explain what they have been up to and exploring the possibility, seeing what the community thinks.

yeah i know. thats what i think. its not what the should be doing but if they did it will be a good game regardless.

Very true!