By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Twitter user: "No Bayonetta on PS4?" Hideki Kamiya: "Ask Ninty, also ask for Mario and Zelda on PS4"

I just read the tweet and while I can see it being annoying when people keep bringing up this question, I do still think him telling the person asking the question to get lost was too much of an overreaction.

BraLoD said:
Shut up and bring Scalebound then!

Ask MS, also ask for Minecraft...oh never mind

Around the Network

Does that mean Nintendo owns the IP then?

KLXVER said:

They own the publishing rights of the games they fund (2 and 3).

Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

Well the person didn't ask for any of those. They asked for any future Bayonetta games.

KLXVER said:
Wyrdness said:

Well the person didn't ask for any of those. They asked for any future Bayonetta games.

Only future Bayonetta game right now is the third game so yes they are asking for one of those games.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said: 

If crowdfunding gave donors the publishing rights it would be up to the people giving cash to then publish and distribute the game at which point you'd see much fewer people even bothering.

Yeah, but the difference here is that people just want to donate to make the game happen, which allows others to play the game. The company only ever, and I mean ever hands out because they want the biggest rewards from it. Gamers just want the game. That's why I'm more of a fan of crowdfunding than I'll ever be for trusting a company to maybe hand a funded game to other platforms. I was annoyed at the dev behind lost souls aside when he originally announced his game, which pretty much had a PC and PS4 version on the road-map, but Sony stepped in and now it's an exclusive, meaning fans of his game cannot actually support him and obtain the game, as a company stepped in and placed dibs, which is another thing I greatly dislike about the big 3.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

V-r0cK said:
It's all good, PS4 got Nier Automata :) PG spreads the love around.

Almost all the love, if you count the PS4 version and exclusive the busted port job on PC, that still hasn't received patches. They also did a bad job with Korra in general and their TF game is now removed from storefronts, meaning PG love is only spread on two platforms, with another two left in the dark. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

EricFabian said:

So where is the Switch/X1 version of Street Fighter 5?

They were crowdfunded?.

Chazore said:
Wyrdness said: 

If crowdfunding gave donors the publishing rights it would be up to the people giving cash to then publish and distribute the game at which point you'd see much fewer people even bothering.

Yeah, but the difference here is that people just want to donate to make the game happen, which allows others to play the game. The company only ever, and I mean ever hands out because they want the biggest rewards from it. Gamers just want the game. That's why I'm more of a fan of crowdfunding than I'll ever be for trusting a company to maybe hand a funded game to other platforms. I was annoyed at the dev behind lost souls aside when he originally announced his game, which pretty much had a PC and PS4 version on the road-map, but Sony stepped in and now it's an exclusive, meaning fans of his game cannot actually support him and obtain the game, as a company stepped in and placed dibs, which is another thing I greatly dislike about the big 3.

What are you even babbling about? You were harping on about how crowdfunded games get released on platforms to challenge the notion of a game being funded by a platform holder and was given an explanation in why the two scenarios are not even comparable what you posted here is quite frankly no one else's problem apart from your own, exclusives happen that's how competition goes.

Chazore said:

exclusive the busted port job on PC, that still hasn't received patches.

Making some tweaks with the FAR mod makes Nier Automata work pretty great for me. One of the advantages of PC gaming is we often don't have to wait for the developer to release patches.